PDA

View Full Version : Help !!!!

TC51
09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't know if this is the correct place for this so if not please move.
I have just found out I have to have the floors in my home ripped out and replaced won't go into detail but it has to be done. So I need to move my 120 gal reef and my 90gal cichlid tanks haven't got a clue how to go about this Does anyone know if some company or anyone who will move and store mt tanks and inhabitant's until this work is completed. Failing that I will have to sell very cheep because I need to move relatively quickly.
Thanks In advance for any help here.
Tom.

jpdutton
09-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Good time for an upgrade, sell the cichlid's and use the 90 as a holding tank, sell your 120 and buy new 220g.

Zoaelite
09-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Good time for an upgrade, sell the cichlid's and use the 90 as a holding tank, sell your 120 and buy new 220g.

BINGO!:biggrin:

Underwater
09-12-2008, 05:22 PM
How long will it take for your floors to be done? I think that will play the biggest role in how to handle this. You're looking at two stressful moves within "x" amount of time. That would be a lot for any system.

If you can't find anywhere to put them, I might be able to help, but again, it depends on the timeframe you are looking at.

HTH-
Michelle

Geofrog
09-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Do you have a basement or some other room to temporarily move the tanks to? If not, try calling some of the lfs to see if they can board your livestock, and move your tanks to a storage facility or someones garage. I had to have my fish boarded at a lfs once while my tank cycled after a crash. Worked out well, but not the cheapest solution (around $50/week if I recall).

Trigger Man
09-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Ya try your lfs, especially if you tend to go to the same one and have been going there for a while. They tend to try to help you out when possible.