PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your nano? (Equip)

Sean
09-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey,

So mainly I am just trying to find some ideas and suggestions from people who have had a nano cube HQI up and running for awhile. But it will also be fun to just talk about it and see what others have come up with for solutions.

Right now in my cube I have added one hydor koralia power head and placed it fairy deep in the tank. I plan on adding another one to counter it but it just seems like a waste to have the built in ones not running. I just removed the default filter junk and placed some live rock rubble in the box.

Has anyone replaced their skimmer yet? or have some suggestions for one that will fit in the back?

lorenz0
09-10-2008, 11:40 PM
check out nano reef. i know there are a few guys on there that have upgraded

hillbillyreefer
09-10-2008, 11:40 PM
2 koralia nanos. 150w sunpod. Upgraded pump to MJ1200. Remora AquaC skimmer. I also run phosphate sponge in the return to the back. I ordered a tunze nano but haven't got it yet to see if it will fit in the nanodx. I bought it for another tank but may use it in the nano cube if it will fit.

brizzo
09-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I run a corallife clamp on 150w hqi, mj 1200 in the back, koralia nano in the display. I run phosban in chamber one, fuge light + chaeto + rock ruble in chamber 2, and heater + pump in third.

Yesterday I finally got brave and drilled my nanocube ;) .. Will post pics once I get everything up and running again.

lorenz0
09-14-2008, 10:41 PM
10 gal nano

75watt ebo jager heater, AC50 HOB, 2x koralia nano's, coralife 96watt PC

20 gal nano

100watt ebo jager heater, AC70 HOB, koralia 1, coralife 130watt pc

i have never had any problems with my 20 so i replicated it for the smaller set up but with a bit mor flow to gal ratio

hillbillyreefer
09-15-2008, 04:30 AM
Nazerine,

I assume you are going to take the false wall out and have more display room. What are you going to run for a sump? Keep us updated I'd like to do the same mod to mine. Are you using the JBJ stand too?

Sorry for the hijack!