PDA

View Full Version : New Forum: Tips and Tricks

christyf5
09-10-2008, 01:32 AM
I thought it better if we had a new forum for all Myka's great articles, as well for any others anyone would like to write. I've only copied the main body of the article not the discussion and there is no posting in that forum. If you have an "article" in mind by all means write it and I can move it over :biggrin:

Myka
09-10-2008, 01:36 AM
I was going to suggest something along the lines of this. Thanks for making it! This will probably inspire me to write more...maybe I will even take a good hard stab at a Myka's Lighting Basics Guide! :eek: I see we already have multiple forums in the reference libraries, but they don't seem to get a whole lot of traffic. Hopefully this new forum Tips and Tricks will get more traffic. It's a shame there is no discussion, but I'm very happy to see I can still edit them!! I'm an edit-a-holic. :lol:

christyf5
09-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah I know, all that work I put into the reference library...*sigh* :razz:

I decided no discussion in the tips and tricks forum because quite frankly it just clutters it up. You've written the article already and it can certainly stand alone. I've only copied the main body of the article (your original posts) and the original thread is still intact and hanging out in the "reef forum" for discussion. I suppose I could include the original link so people reading it could go discuss is in the "reef forum"??

We did try to have a open forum before for this sort of stuff but it got rather mucked up and I hate having forums full of stickies, I like to get directly to the new good stuff :razz:

Myka
09-10-2008, 01:41 AM
I suppose I could include the original link so people reading it could go discuss is in the "reef forum"??

Oh good idea!! I can do that for ya, and in future threads. :) I understand the clutter too - good call.

christyf5
09-10-2008, 01:43 AM
Oh good idea!! I can do that for ya, and in future threads. :)

Awesome, that makes my life easier. PM me if I ever miss moving one of your threads :biggrin:

Oscar
09-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Yeah I know, all that work I put into the reference library...*sigh* :razz:

Christy: The reference forum is one of my prime sources of research/inspiration. I contiue to return to it on an almost daily basis, even when the boss thinks I am "working". Oops, I am the boss.

Anyway, I for one appreciate the work that went into gathering that info.

Thanks

christyf5
09-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Christy: The reference forum is one of my prime sources of research/inspiration. I contiue to return to it on an almost daily basis, even when the boss thinks I am "working". Oops, I am the boss.

Anyway, I for one appreciate the work that went into gathering that info.

Thanks

Oh good, well at least someone is using it!! Hehe I'm just kidding, I know people use it (I know I do, so that make two!). Theres just so much info down there that it would be nice to have some of it up the top where everyone can see it more "obviously" :wink:

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Myka
09-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Awesome, that makes my life easier. PM me if I ever miss moving one of your threads :biggrin:

I just fixed up links to the originals, and straightened it all out. I will PM you when I make any new Guides. :)

I actually didn't notice the Reference Library until today. :o I never scroll down through the forums because "there's never anything interesting at the bottom". :o :o I know where I'm going to spend the next few days!! Reading the libraries!!! :D