PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Homemade Food

michika
09-09-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm running out of homemade food and am considering making more food in the near future. However, in light of the huge number of no-shows in the past, I will be changing how I set this up.

I will be making this batch more blended then the previous ones, so it will be a smaller size. I will also be adding in additional nori to a few batches upon request.

I will make food for specific people but you must PAY BEFORE HAND. I will accept cash, paypal, clams, and frags. $10 per bag, frozen into flat sheets with 1 cup of product per package. Send me PMs with the number of bags, and how you want to pay.

I would prefer to make the food before September 28th, however, I need an order of at least 20 bags to make it work.

Myka
09-09-2008, 03:40 AM
You're making the food finer? The bag I got was really fine...I feed it to my baby Bangaiis! :)

Carmen
09-09-2008, 03:44 AM
Would like a bag - pm'd

michika
09-09-2008, 03:50 AM
You're making the food finer? The bag I got was really fine...I feed it to my baby Bangaiis! :)

It would be about the same as what you got, if not a bit bigger. You got one of my personal bags, which I blend up extra much to suit my feeding needs.

michika
09-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Total bags of food as of right now 4

Red Coral Aquariums
09-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Catherine;
2 for Red Coral please. I add it with mysis when I feed (helps start finicky eaters)
Kevin

JDigital
09-09-2008, 05:05 AM
I WILL take a bag... Will you accept a Pagoda Frag as payment? :lol:

yeeg
09-09-2008, 05:09 AM
For my bag o food, I will trade you clams...2 pound of Manilla Clams...:lol:

andestang
09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I was happy with the last batch, so I would probably order some more. Could you give the break down of ingredients - I remember seeing it somewhere before - and will this batch have any oyster eggs ?

michika
09-10-2008, 01:17 AM
We are looking at 8-10 bags so far.

Ingrediants for this mix are, again, assuming everything is available to purchase;
- Mysis
- Nori (Greed, Red/Brown, Purple)
- Garlic (crushed)
- Scallops
- Vitamins (Selcon and Kent Zoe)
- Squid
- Krill
- Spirulina flakes
- Enriched rotifers
- Spirulina enriched brine shrimp
- Cyclop-eeze
- Silversides with heads and tails removed
- Cuddlefish
- Shrimp
- Oyster Eggs

I am also looking at adding in additional vitamin mixtures from Tropic Marin I believe.

Myka
09-10-2008, 01:32 AM
It would be about the same as what you got, if not a bit bigger. You got one of my personal bags, which I blend up extra much to suit my feeding needs.

Ah ok! I didn't know that. I still have lots left. My baby Bangers really go for it. It's the food that finally got them switched from live BBS to frozen! Whew! :D

rattler
09-10-2008, 01:45 AM
will take four bags if available two at the least.

cheers!

Rattler

michika
09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
We are at the 14-16 bag mark.

I am hoping to get to the 20 bag mark by Friday, if so then people can start paying and you can all have some nice fresh new food maybe by the end of the weekend, or early next week.

Some common questions that I'm getting;
1) How long does your food last
- Unopened food stays at least 6 months in the freezer, beyond that I don't know since it never sticks around any longer.
- Opened food lasts anywhere between 1-4ish months, this depends on how well you close your bag to prevent freezer burn.

2) How does the food arrive to me?
- The food is frozen into flat sheets.

3) Can I have XXX in our not in the food?
- Things can be added to the whole batch, or just a few bags, if I do your bags at the end.
- I can make batches without Nori, or without a couple ingredients, however I need to replace them with something.

** In this batch I will be making 2 bags without nori**

Does everyone want garlic in their food or not? I am considering not putting it in because it seems to ripen with time, and I've been reading about how it may cause damage to our fish's livers

Treebeard
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I will take two bags please..... sent you a pm as well.

michika
09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
16-18 bags! I figure 3 more bags and I'll cut it off.

mseepman
09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
How do you ship it? I would like one but I'm quite a ways away.

Myka
09-10-2008, 04:54 PM
How do you ship it? I would like one but I'm quite a ways away.

She shipped to me in a small styro with LOTS of ice. They were still mostly frozen upon arrival from Greyhound. There were 8 bags in there I think.

Side note: One of the guys from our group order never did pick up his food (he got 2 bags). Maybe he'd like to sell/give it to you?

andestang
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I'll take 2 for sure or 3 to make the 20 mark.
thanks

xtreme
09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm in for 1. My fish loved the first batch I got from you.

michika
09-13-2008, 12:42 AM
I WILL take a bag... Will you accept a Pagoda Frag as payment? :lol:

Yes! However I will need to figure out how to keep it alive :redface:

michika
09-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Alright well we've hit the mark we are at about 31-32 bags.

So here is a quick update on where we are at. Since we've hit the mark I can make food now. So the options now; I can make it this weekend, however, I can't do any customizations. However if you are willing to wait I can make it in 3 weeks, so just after the weekend of October 4th. I can do customizations then, e.g. no nori. I will also be in a better position to ship out food a that point if people would rather I ship it.

Thoughts? Comments?

JDigital
09-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Yes! However I will need to figure out how to keep it alive :redface:

The colony seems to like being placed in close proximity to a powerhead or strong flow, and generally closer to the top of the tank.. I've had some pretty solid polyp extension the past couple days, so I know it's happy! I can hang onto it until after your move if you want? (if that is your concern)

Colony:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/JDigital/23G%20Nano/IDcoral.jpg

Frag (about the size of a toonie):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/JDigital/Pagoda.jpg

michika
09-13-2008, 01:19 PM
That frag is awesome! I'm not worried about it in terms of moving, I'm more worried about in terms of the fact that I'm pretty naive when it comes to anything that isn't SPS or a clam! Those pictures are great!

I sent you a PM.

yeeg
09-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Alright well we've hit the mark we are at about 31-32 bags.

So here is a quick update on where we are at. Since we've hit the mark I can make food now. So the options now; I can make it this weekend, however, I can't do any customizations. However if you are willing to wait I can make it in 3 weeks, so just after the weekend of October 4th. I can do customizations then, e.g. no nori. I will also be in a better position to ship out food a that point if people would rather I ship it.

Thoughts? Comments?

The sooner the better for me...I hear great things about your food even from guys back home in Sask...I will increase my order from 1 bag to 3 bags please...

michika
09-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Okay, okay 3 bags it is.

You have PM FYI.

JDigital
09-13-2008, 05:58 PM
I sent you a PM.

Are you sure about that? lol.. i got nothing over here.. :lol:

michika
09-16-2008, 04:19 AM
BUMP!

Its looking like I will be making food the week of the 6th of October, ready by the Friday of that week.

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY PM BOX. IF YOU DID NOT GET A REPLY TO YOUR PM PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

michika
09-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Alright so those who are going to pay via Paypal;

REMOVED please include;
- your Canreef name
- number of bags
- do you want it frozen, or you want to pick it up unfrozen.
- if you want garlic or no garlic

If you want to meet up to pay my options are looking like Friday night, maybe Saturday before 4pm, and possibly Sunday.

Picks ups will be from my new house located in the SW between Heritage Dr. and Southland Dr. I will start pick ups the day of food making if you want it unfrozen, and 2-3 days after freezing it for everyone who wants frozen sheets. Please note it can take up to 3 days to freeze completely.

michika
09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Sorry...I forgot to add;

So people who want food are;
- Carmen
- Red Coral
- JDigital
- Yeeg
- Andestang
- Rattler
- Treebeard
- Xtreme
- Scuglass
- Triggerman
- dreef
- BC564
- md14? - I wrote you down, but didn't put a bag number down.

Total number of bags 40 + 12 extras because people always come to me between batches asking for more.

Yes I will ship, however, I can't ship out until the food has been frozen for at least 5 days. So I can ship out via your choice of shipper if you want it.

talk about post padding eh?

Trigger Man
09-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Sounds great to me, can't wait to start feeding my fish with your food.

yeeg
09-16-2008, 08:52 PM
I just picked up 3 of the bags you left with Kevin so I wont need anymore for now...Cracked it open and it smells good enough for me to eat...Do I need to dilute it at all?? I just simply throw it in the tank as is...

michika
09-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Its your choice to "wash" it or not. Washing it will wash away some of the good stuff; selcone, phyto, oyster eggs, etc. I just break it into chunks, and toss it into a container with pre drilled holes. THe food then naturally breaks up and floats out down through the holes.

dreef
09-17-2008, 12:23 AM
I just thaw mine in a small glass,with tank water,that i use for frozen food.I know for a fact that they'll eat it frozen,but that can't be good :) I just sent you cash catherine,i'll settle up the shipping when the time comes. Thank You

JDigital
09-17-2008, 01:34 AM
So how do I paypal frags? :lol:

michika
09-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Lol! You and I will just meet up later. I need to find more literature on pagoda keeping.

JDigital
09-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Lol! You and I will just meet up later. I need to find more literature on pagoda keeping.

HAHA! That's good, cuz the polyps did NOT like the USB port. :mrgreen:

michika
09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Lol!

Alright, I have received payment from; Carmen, Treebeard, and dreef. That leaves 7 or 8 people left to pay, unless we have already come to an arrangement.

michika
09-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Got a few more payments, any stragglers need to get in touch with me or send off your money asap.

michika
09-30-2008, 12:46 AM
As of this point in time if I have not received your payment from you by FRIDAY OCTOBER 3rd, I AM NOT MAKING YOU FOOD!

So look up if you want my paypal address, and PLEASE! do not forget to specify if you want frozen or unfrozen food, and garlic or no garlic.

JDigital
09-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Frozen with garlic p-p-p-pleeeease... :mrgreen:

Treebeard
09-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Are you making the food this weekend? Just wondering if I should be leaving time to make a trip to Calgary......

As of this point in time if I have not received your payment from you by FRIDAY OCTOBER 3rd, I AM NOT MAKING YOU FOOD!

So look up if you want my paypal address, and PLEASE! do not forget to specify if you want frozen or unfrozen food, and garlic or no garlic.

michika
09-30-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll be making it in the middle of the week. Probably make it Wednesday night on the 8th.

oilfieldsafety
09-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi Catherine

As I haven't tried the food before I will take whatever you give me, garlic/no garlic, frozen or not, I'm easy.

Oscar
09-30-2008, 05:30 PM
She shipped to me in a small styro with LOTS of ice. They were still mostly frozen upon arrival from Greyhound. There were 8 bags in there I think.

Side note: One of the guys from our group order never did pick up his food (he got 2 bags). Maybe he'd like to sell/give it to you?

Myka: Do you still have either of those unwanted bags or did Mseepman scoop them up?

Alberta-newb
09-30-2008, 10:38 PM
3 bags ordered and paid via PayPal:biggrin: If I'm too late, catch me on the next batch. Thanks

Francis "Alberta-newb"

michika
09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
You're good, and you are in.

mccrat
10-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I sent you money for three bags! Same thing...if I am too late I can wait till the next batch.

Thanks!

michika
10-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Alright, so everyone up until the previous post is in.

There are a couple people who want to pick their food up unfrozen. Your food will NOT be ready on Wednesday or Thursday, but rather Friday instead. We had a small mis-hap while moving and I've had to push back food production. Frozen food will be ready to pick up this weekend.

So I will be starting to make all the food on Thursday and finishing production on Friday. I know this is a long weekend and not everyone will be able to pick up this weekend, which is fine. I will not be available on Saturday from 4:30-8pm for pick-ups.

As for shipping out food, I will try and ship early next week, probably Tuesday the 14th, or Wednesday the 15th for next day delivery.

oilfieldsafety
10-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi Catherine

I will leave for Ft McMurry on the 8th and will be there until the 20th so if you come into Edmonton before then I will have to pick up the food from someone else on the drop list. If it helps I can pm you my cell #.

Shane

michika
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I can bring you your food to Edmonton on any Tuesday (except Nov 11), from now until Dec 2nd. So whatever works best for you. You are the only person in Edmonton who has ordered I think.

andestang
10-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I'll try for this weekend, I need to try to get up to Golds on Sat morning. I'll recheck your address to see how far from there you are. Good luck with your move :)

michika
10-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll try for this weekend, I need to try to get up to Golds on Sat morning. I'll recheck your address to see how far from there you are. Good luck with your move :)

I am actually pretty far from Golds unfortunately. I am in the SW just off Elbow Dr. by Heritage Dr.

JUST A HEADS UP I MOVED THIS PAST WEEKEND SO I NO LONGER LIVE IN THE CONDOS DOWN SOUTH Once the food is made I will send out one big PM with my address.

If you are picking up from my place I ask that you please let me know ahead of time when you will be dropping by.

michika
10-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Due to the recent crash of my tank, I am too stressed out to make food tonight. I understand if you want a refund, send me a PM with the total number of bags and I will send you out a refund tomorrow.

For anyone that wants to continue with the order I will make food this weekend, or early next week.

Alberta-newb
10-10-2008, 05:47 AM
I've been following your move and problems in your build thread. Please don't add to the stress worrying about the food! I know I can wait as long as necessary, your tank and settling into your new place have to take priority!

Francis

Trigger Man
10-10-2008, 06:02 AM
I've been following your move and problems in your build thread. Please don't add to the stress worrying about the food! I know I can wait as long as necessary, your tank and settling into your new place have to take priority!

Francis
I agree, I'm in no hurry. Handle the move and your tank first and when it is all set go about making the food and PM me when it is ready.

Carmen
10-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Don't WORRY about the food!!!!!!!!! You have so much more to worry about right now.:cry:

JDigital
10-13-2008, 03:54 AM
I agree with them ^^^

michika
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Looking to have the food made this weekend, Saturday most likely for the unfrozen product.

michika
10-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Just to make sure I didn't miss anyone;
1x Carmen
2x RC
1x J Digital *
2-3x Andestang *
4x Rattler *
1x Xtreme
2x Scuglass
10x dreef *
2x BC564
2x my2rotties *
1x oilfieldsafety * (Edmonton)
1x frenchie
1x Barrett.Oliver *
2x Doo (Edmonton)
1x Triggerman
2x Eduardo *
40x reserve for future sales; mix & match; some w & w/o garlic, w & w/o extra nori
5x me
3x mccrat
3x Alberta-newb

This brings our total to OVER 80 bags of food.

If you have a star next to your name you need to specify garlic or no garlic! Otherwise I will just default to making half garlic half without and it will be first come first serve

Please, just post your choice here, my PM box is very full and I can't empty it out at this time.

I will post up here when the food is in the freezer, as well when I am leaving to drop off some of the food at Red Coral

michika
10-20-2008, 03:08 AM
I am making food in two batches, 80 bags is hard to do at once. The first half is made and in the freezer. The remaining are in the process of being made; e.g. the frozen product is soaking in RO/DI.

Ingrediants for the mix made today; Oct 19th, 2008 is
- Mysis
- Nori (Green, Red/Brown, Purple)
- Garlic (if that is what you ordered)
- Scallops
- Vitamins (Selcon and Kent Zoe)
- Squid
- Krill
- Spirulina powder
- Cyclop-eeze
- Silversides
- Cuddlefish
- Shrimp

This batch of food is greener then the past few batches due to a new type of spirulina I am using. I opted to use Tropic Marine's Immuvit this time around.

For those of you who wanted to pick-up their food at Red Coral, the food will be there sometime after 4:30pm. For everyone else, please PM me and we can set up a time for pick-up. I will be shipping out food at the end of this week.

dreef
10-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Can i get half with garlic,and half without..Please THANK YOU Catherine your an angel for doing this,after what happened.

JDigital
10-20-2008, 04:02 AM
I dunno where you're at with making this stuff, but I'm not to picky about having or not having garlic.. I have garlic enhancer if I need to add some.. Whatever is easier for you Catherine.

michika
10-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Can i get half with garlic,and half without..Please THANK YOU Catherine your an angel for doing this,after what happened.

Done

I dunno where you're at with making this stuff, but I'm not to picky about having or not having garlic.. I have garlic enhancer if I need to add some.. Whatever is easier for you Catherine.

Garlic for you!

ElGuappo
10-20-2008, 04:35 AM
No Soup for you.

JDigital
10-20-2008, 04:47 AM
Done

Garlic for you!

Ok.. :cool:

Trigger Man
10-21-2008, 02:56 AM
Picked up my bag of homemade food today at RC and fed it to my fish tonight. They loved it.
I just want to thank you again for the food, I was not expecting to see it for a bit after all the probs you had, but what can I say, you are a trooper.

michika
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you.

I've been getting PMs about pick ups so for this week your options are;
- Wednesday evening after 4:30pm, you'll be picking up from Kevin and not me
- Friday evening after 4:30pm, again picking up from Kevin, not me.
- Saturday, I should be home between 11:30am and 5pm
- Sunday, someone will be home all day

Please let me know ahead of time when you are coming, and just shoot me a quick PM for my address.

michika
10-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Someone whose first name starts with a J left me a message, but a) I just got notification for it today, and b) I can't make out anything beyond, Hi Catherine this is J-. Whomever left the message PLEASE pm me.

I think its fair to say my VM system is totally screwed up.

rattler
10-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Catherine
Is it possible to pick up the food sometime during the week as weekends I'm away from Calgary. If it is more convienient for you I can pick up the food at Kevin's shop. just call me on my cell or pm me the details

Cheers!
Geoff

michika
10-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Catherine
Is it possible to pick up the food sometime during the week as weekends I'm away from Calgary. If it is more convienient for you I can pick up the food at Kevin's shop. just call me on my cell or pm me the details

Cheers!
Geoff

I sent Kevin a message to confirm he has enough bags of food for you. If he does have enough food on hand, then sure go ahead.

michika
11-06-2008, 03:18 AM
Someone whose first name starts with a J left me a message, but a) I just got notification for it today, and b) I can't make out anything beyond, Hi Catherine this is J-. Whomever left the message PLEASE pm me.

I think its fair to say my VM system is totally screwed up.

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO THE ABOVE PERSON WAS/IS

Your next chance for pick ups are;

Saturday; you can pick you food up from Red Coral after noon if you let me know in advance.

Sunday; all day at my place in the SW, send me a PM to set up a time and get the address.

24storm
12-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Hey Cathrine

When do you think you will be making food again? Or do you have any available right now?

I bought from you a few times when you first started making it and did not realize you would be making it so often. So i bought quite a bit.

I just opened my last bag and would like to get more. My fish love it.

Keith

michika
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure when I'll be making more actually. Squid & cuddlefish burned out the motor in the dedicated blender. I need a buy a new one.

However there are a few non-garlic bags of food left up at Red Coral if you want to stop by and pick some up from there. Same deal $10 in cash per bag.

syeve
01-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Any chance you are going to make more? The ingredients sound great!

Thanks

JDigital
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Any chance you are going to make more? The ingredients sound great!

Thanks

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48268&page=3