PDA

View Full Version : WTB Borrow/Buy/etc. in Calgary for the weekend of Oct 3rd to 5th

michika
09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm looking for the following;

- A kiddy pool, mostly I'm looking for where I can buy one. Ideas, suggestions?

- Styrofoam boxes

- More buckets, I will write your name on them and return them clean on the Monday or maybe even the Sunday.

- People to help lift our tank and sump onto a truck, and then again off the truck and into a basement.

Compensation usually includes beer, non-alcoholic beverages, pizza, and sometimes other foods. However if you're "donating" to the cause for a couple of days there may be bags of frozen fish food to be had.

xtreme
09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
You could check canadian tire for a kiddy pool. Thats were I got one from a few years ago when I needed a place for my koi. Not sure what they'll have this time of year though.

fishytime
09-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Catherine, good to hear you guys got the place(let the build begin?). I can offer up both. I have a few buckets, some rubbermaid tubs, coolers, also may have a couple spare power heads and heaters if you need them. Depending when exactly the big push will be made I may be able to help with moving the tank. Let me know.

Doug.

pugsy
09-06-2008, 02:49 PM
i have three buckets if you want them, shot me and email, i am in the ne by big al's

Brighteyes_13
09-06-2008, 06:57 PM
ive got 3-4 buckets i could lend... and 2 very large rubbermaids (30g i believe)

saltynuts
09-07-2008, 03:20 AM
what are you too moveing again!
i want to see pics. so i don,t have to build a tank again!
i just look a yours!

Delphinus
09-07-2008, 03:31 AM
If I'm around that weekend (might not be though, not sure yet), I'll help with the move. Have a couple buckets I can set you up with too.

motokorth
09-07-2008, 05:27 AM
If nothing comes up that weekend I can help provide labor in moving the stuff.

michika
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
You guys all rock!

We will find out this coming Friday if the house has passed inspection, and the sale goes ahead as planned.

We anticipate starting the planning on the next tank ASAP. However the start date of actual work is up in the air. The property we've bought has a different shape then we anticipated when we started our house hunt. So we may be going for an "L-shape" system. There was a previous house that we missed out on that would have allowed us a tank of 15 ft long, and 4 feet deep, but we missed, so it wasn't meant to be.

Anyways, so for people who can maybe help. Kevin, Krazykuch, is probably going to be in charge of all the actual moving. The actual tank move will most likely happen on Sunday afternoon, but could happen as early as Saturday evening.

I will get in touch with everyone whose offered on Friday, or Saturday, once we can confirm the sale is going ahead.

Red Coral Aquariums
09-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I wish I could help if you need anything call the store
Kevin

michika
09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
I wish I could help if you need anything call the store
Kevin

Can need and want mean the same thing?! I'll see you in about an hour or hour and a half and we can chat. I've got some stuff to drop off.