PDA

View Full Version : LF RO pressure booster pump

kari
09-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm running on well water. Anybody have any good ideas where to purchase a pressure booster pump? I remember Aqua Safe selling them before but can't find them listed there anymore. Maybe there is a reason why they stopped selling them.

Veng68
09-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Hey Kari,

You can call them at 604-922-3030, but it is much quicker to e-mail questions to:

aquasafe@uniserve.com

Cheers,
Vic

kari
09-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info Vic. I'll email them.

robzilla
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM
i bought a "no name" pump and after 18 months is dead. they are not rebuildable or repairable.
i have just recently bought an american made pump which wasnt much more and you can fix these if they ever go on you.
this is the pump i bought http://www.aquatec.com/boost.htm
happy with the unit so far.
let me know if you want the link to the vendor i got if from,

rob

bassman
09-05-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm running on well water. Anybody have any good ideas where to purchase a pressure booster pump? I remember Aqua Safe selling them before but can't find them listed there anymore. Maybe there is a reason why they stopped selling them.

No pressure from the well pump?

Do you have a pressure tank in the house for stored well water?

Dabbler
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I have one of the Aqua safe ones...you can have it for 35 if u want it

Edit: oops just saw where you are

andestang
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
If he has a pressure tank they only run in the 40 - 60 psi range and running the well pump will be $$$ on the power bill. I have use a booster pump to achieve the 80 psi required (especially for well water) for good tds readings & filter life.

kari
09-07-2008, 01:59 AM

Yes I do have a pressure tank. The pressure switch seems to be set at a cutoff of 40psi and low end at 30psi. I could maybe crank the upper end of tank to 45psi. This pressure booster pump would only be requied for the RO system and not the remaining house lines.

kari
09-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I have one of the Aqua safe ones...you can have it for 35 if u want it

Edit: oops just saw where you are

Deal, I'm on my way to pickup, see you in 3 days:lol:. Actually that drive was a little boring eastward and I wouldn't want to do it again.

How old is the pump you have and is it in good condition?

kari
09-07-2008, 02:09 AM
Hey Kari,

You can call them at 604-922-3030, but it is much quicker to e-mail questions to:

aquasafe@uniserve.com

Cheers,
Vic

Still no reply via email. I think my local internet provider assumes everyone is a spammer unless proven otherwise and blocks.