PDA

View Full Version : Calgary LFS

Lance
09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm heading out to Calgary for a few days, and want to visit 3 or 4 LFS.
Suggestions?

mseepman
09-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Calgary has some great stores for visitors like us. Golds is good, Red Coral is good, Wai's is really quite the place and Ocean City is one of those tiny little stores that's easy to under-estimate. That would be my recommendation and I've done the tour a few times.

karazy
09-04-2008, 12:41 AM
i'd add riverfront to the list, even tohugh they dont have the biggest SW department, its quite a cool store

Treebeard
09-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Golds, Ocean City, Wai's.....have not been to Big Al's for a couple of weeks, but last time I was there they had a lot of empty tanks waiting for livestock....might be worth a look-see.

ElGuappo
09-04-2008, 04:02 AM
riverfront has a couple nice powder blues, Naso, and Sailfins. some nice angels and butterflies as well. i was there today and got a sailfin.

I think they are a worth while the stop as they have a fair sized reptile section as well. The salt water section is slowly growing. i think 300 + tanks and terrariums in total for the whole store.

Lance
09-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Thanks everyone. I've got all the addresses for the places you've suggested. Hopefully I get time to take a few in.

Snappy
09-04-2008, 04:44 AM
When are you coming to Calgary?

EmilyB
09-04-2008, 05:51 AM
It would be my suggestion to check out the vendor review section of the board to get a better idea of experiences with said vendors. :wink:

Lance
09-04-2008, 10:27 PM
When are you coming to Calgary?

I'm leaving Monday, by moving truck; will arrive Tuesday evening. (moving my daughter). After unloading truck and what not, may not have time until probably Wednesday or Thursday for any fun. Have to catch a plane back on Friday.

Snappy
09-04-2008, 11:00 PM
pm sent

globaldesigns
09-05-2008, 04:11 AM
I Can See Why I Don't Come Here That Often, I Posted To This Thread And Subscribed To It. And Now, My Post Doesn't Even Exist.

Shame On You!!!

Aquattro
09-05-2008, 04:15 AM
I Can See Why I Don't Come Here That Often, I Posted To This Thread And Subscribed To It. And Now, My Post Doesn't Even Exist.

Shame On You!!!

If You Came More Often, You'd know Not To Have Posted That.

Shame On You!!!

globaldesigns
09-05-2008, 04:25 AM
There is a reason, I don't come here often, this is the reason. I have pm'd you.

Aquattro
09-05-2008, 04:30 AM
There is a reason, I don't come here often, this is the reason. I have pm'd you.

And I've replied. Have a nice evening.

Lance
09-05-2008, 06:04 PM
It would be my suggestion to check out the vendor review section of the board to get a better idea of experiences with said vendors. :wink:

Already did that, but thanks anyhow Emily.

Whatigot
09-25-2008, 08:27 PM
awesome...
I'm in calgary right now for my sisters wedding and I will be doing this exact tour....

thanks for the thread lance....

AJ_77
09-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Try to check out Ocean City on 16th ave north (#1 hwy).
There's a crapload of nice fish in there today, etc etc...

If you're in the NW of the city, for sure stop in and say Hi to Kevin at Red Coral - another small shop that's a winner.
awesome...
I'm in calgary right now for my sisters wedding and I will be doing this exact tour....

thanks for the thread lance....

AJ_77
09-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Should mention that Riverfront is behind a big, muddy construction detour right now - and the parking is tricky at best, hazardous at worst.

Took a quick look at their fish - prices are way out of line with other retailers. If you have allergies you may want to avoid altogether - the odor throughout the place is pungent.

riverfront has a couple nice powder blues, Naso, and Sailfins. some nice angels and butterflies as well. i was there today and got a sailfin.

I think they are a worth while the stop as they have a fair sized reptile section as well. The salt water section is slowly growing. i think 300 + tanks and terrariums in total for the whole store.