PDA

View Full Version : I Neeeeed Help

langdon reefer
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Hello Everyone
What should i try to feed baby cuttlefish
i didnt know my 2 eggs hatched till i moved my tank yesterday so i dont know how long they been around
Can ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

Aquattro
09-03-2008, 05:01 PM
mysis?

langdon reefer
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Ive tried frozen Brine baby and adult mysis plancton and copopods im thinking they want something live but i dont know whats small enuf to feed them

Myka
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I have no idea how big these babies are, but what about live baby brine shrimp? If you heat the water up to 85 or so they will hatch quicker.

langdon reefer
09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
they look like they could easly take down an adult brine shrimp they gave a pod a run down last night but it got away in to the rock if only i could find a place in calgay that i could buy pods at ...lol

Chin_Lee
09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
when I had a baby cuttlefish, I went to the tidal zone and collected the sand fleas. I move rocks or seaweed and find thousands of little jumping amphipods. I used a shovel and scooped them up with sand and all and put them into buckets. be careful cuz they will crawl out of the buckets so keep the lids tight. when I needed some, I collected them from the sides of the buckets which they will climb up making it easy for you to catch. As soon as they are big enough, I had to switch to mysis but they WILL NOT go after food thats not moving. so a turkey baster to keep them in suspension is needed. It helps to isolate them into a smaller container.

Chin_Lee
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
opps just noticed in are you langdon AB not langton Vancouver island. Tidal zone will be difficult to find there! :) i would try the moving mysis technique. take them out of your tank if you can.... they will go after your fish if they get big enough.

langdon reefer
09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
they r i a 10 gal boi cube i need to find a tidal pool well i guess i need to move to the coast

noirsphynx
09-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Hello Everyone
What should i try to feed baby cuttlefish
i didnt know my 2 eggs hatched till i moved my tank yesterday so i dont know how long they been around
Can ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

Read this thread, it may be very helpful. Not sure if you have to join the forum or not to read it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156104&hl=cuttlefish

langdon reefer
09-03-2008, 08:32 PM
i wonder if small ghost shrimp will work as i dont know where i can get pods in calgary:redface:

superduperwesman
09-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I think we all neeeeed help :lol:

untamed
09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
What about those tigger-pods that JL is selling now? I'm sure they could ship you some PDQ.