PDA

View Full Version : Time for a top.

JDigital
09-02-2008, 04:54 AM
Well,
Another vacation story... :(

Went out to kelowna this long weekend, got a msg from my roommate (who has a Nano tank) that my female percula went carpet surfing, and wasn't found in time.

So I guess, its time to invest in an eggcrate top for my nano..

The male looks so lonely at night.. :sad:

RIP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/JDigital/23G%20Nano/truepercs.jpg

Alberta-newb
09-02-2008, 05:19 AM
My condolences:cry: I almost had the same this weekend, just before heading out of town, I watched my yellow watchman scoot up and over the edge of my calflo. 5 minutes later and he would have been an "ex". I think I'll be looking into some bird netting, I fear the goby might fit through eggcrate?

Francis

OCDP
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Ahh sorry to hear man! I feel your pain.. it's a terrible feeling.

Eggcrate really sucks though, if your using MH it's not as bad. If you've got T5's or PC's, etc. then expect a lot of light blockage. Can't wait to get rid of the PC's! I'd also look into that netting cover as well, sounds pretty good.

fishoholic
09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry for your loss.

mseepman
09-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Sad to hear about a fish loss, especially when a pair is broken up.

Ask Myka about some ideas for low light blocking tops...I'm sure I've seen her put some posts about it before but couldn't find them.

Lance
09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. The other day I lost my dartfish after it decided to leave its cozy confines. Jumped through a 1/2" opening 6" above the water.

Veng68
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM
This sounds like a good idea for a tank cover.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=343216#post343216

Cheers,
Vic

JDigital
09-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. The other day I lost my dartfish after it decided to leave its cozy confines. Jumped through a 1/2" opening 6" above the water.

It's amazing where they can fit, and how precise they can jump...

My male looks really bummed out lately... and he's getting picked up a bit by the newest member of the tank, a Royal Blue Pygmy Angel..