PDA

View Full Version : percula anemone

goldie
09-02-2008, 01:04 AM
I was wondering if there is an anemone I could get to host my percula clowns that I could keep under 4 T5's in a 33 gallon tank. Has anyone had any good sucess with this?

karazy
09-02-2008, 01:08 AM
you dont nescesarily need an anemone for your clowns to host. clowns host all sorts of things, mag floats even sometimes

personaly i would say look at hammer corals or frogspawn instead because they dont move around the aquarium and clowns like them too

chevyjaxon
09-02-2008, 01:44 AM
a bubble tip should do fine under that lighting i know mine does

tlo
09-02-2008, 03:08 AM
I have even seen clowns host green star poylps and xenia.

-I have an anemone in my tank and the clowns still decided to host a frogspawn. Who knows what goes through their heads when they decide where to live?

Myka
09-02-2008, 04:09 AM
A Bubble Tip Anemone should do well in your tank, but beware that it can sting and kill your corals as it moves around to find a comfy spot, and may decide to move to a new comfy spot often.

As far as hosting is concerned, my Perc doesn't host any of the Euphyllia corals in my tank, nor the GSP, nor the Xenia (that used to be in there), nor the mag float. He very briefly hosted my Fox coral, but that was only for a few weeks. Not sure what turned him onto it suddenly, and what turned him off it. The coral was there 6 months before the Clown, and is still there. He doesn't host anything right now, but he loves to "school" with my breeding pair of Bangaiis. The Bangaiis even tolerate him just fine - even when they're breeding. In fact, they're breeding right now, and the Clown is right there in the midst of it. :lol:

justinl
09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
sarcophytons make really good surrogate hosts as well.

scuglass
09-02-2008, 05:06 PM
My clowns didnt host anything for the longest time... then one day they decided it was time to move into the bubble tip. I kind of want to get rid of it tho cause of the sting... I cant put any corals near that end of the tank :(