PDA

View Full Version : Another RO thread

sharuq1
08-27-2008, 04:38 PM
I bought a pump fr my RO unit a little while ago and the darn thing is driving me crazy. Why? The "in" hose keeps leaking and/or just blowing right off getting water everywhere. I have tried using silicone, didn't work, super glue, didn't work. What on earth should I be using to glue/secure the hose to the input screw-in thing? (real "technical terms" :lol:) It didn't come with JG's it came with an elbow that screws into the pump itself and a screw on cap thing with a hole in it for the hose to go into.

Pescador
08-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Does it look like the elbow in the middle of the picture?
If it does there should be a small tapered plastic collar that goes over the hose after you put it through the cap, then thread it onto the elbow.
http://www.aquaticeco.com/images/subcategories/large/14452_Group_rgb.jpg

Myka
08-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Hose clamp? You should post a pic though...

banditpowdercoat
08-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Im willing to bet the Ferule, The little plastic collar that goes on the hose, and gets crimped by the thread on nut, is missing.

Look here, Nut is not allways brass like they show

http://www.rd.com/images/tfhimport/2002/Sep02_Real_Life_Home_Repair/20020901_Real_Life_Home_Repair_page007img002_size2 .jpg

sharuq1
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Yep you're right, it didn't come with that little crimper piece. Guess I am off to Home depot to see if I can find something. Thanks for your help! :biggrin:

banditpowdercoat
08-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Ya, BTW, there is 2 types of ferrules, copper and plastic. Plastic can be used on copperand plastic lines, But Copper ferrules only for copper pipe. THey damage plastic pipe

slakker
08-28-2008, 04:18 PM
also, shouldn't use copper for any lines carrying the "made" water...

sharuq1
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Anyone know who carries these? Can't seem to find them.

Also: Is there another way to connect my RO unit to the water supply? I find the saddle valves unreliable.

banditpowdercoat
08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
I went to the local Plumbing store. Just permanantly mounted my RO yesterday. You may have to ask about the plastic ferrules, most fittings I found came with copper, they had plastic ones in some jars behind counter. I also dont like Saddle valves, especially on plastic main lines. I got a T fitting, that has a similar connection to the RO lines, only larger. Cut pipe, insert T and tighten, was that simple

slakker
08-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I get mine from Home Depot... in the plumbing area for all the small guage PVC connectors... it's usually close to the irrigation systems