PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 6212 Wavebox (new) $400

Delphinus
08-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I have two new waveboxes. My tank can't accommodate two, and my long term plans for a long frag tank won't come to fruition in a timeframe that justifies keeping one around unused in the meantime.

Here's the story: it was a warrantee replacement to the previous owner, who ended up not using it. As a consequence, it is brand new at a used price. I would say "NIB/New In Box" -- however, it has been run tested in fresh water on my tank for a few minutes (that's how I know my tank can't handle two).

Here is the link to J&L's description: http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=tz-wbox

Price is $400, I am located in Calgary, and I am willing to ship.

PS. I may also have a pair of the Tunze magnet attachers for this. I have to check what all equipment I have in my boneyard before committing any to sale - I will update this thread when I have done so.

Der_Iron_Chef
08-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Tony, would a wavebox be too much on a 3-foot, 55G tank?

Delphinus
08-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't think so - it doesn't really create an overwhelming wave (unless you use two :lol: ). They say 36" is the minimum length though to create the "wave" - the controller doesn't have adjustability to a fast-enough frequency to create a resonance in tanks smaller than 36". The longer the tank, the slower the resonance and thus the calmer the overall back-and-forth-ness.

smokinreefer
08-27-2008, 10:32 PM
i've always wondered, does this affect how well an overflow will operate?
when the water level rises falls will the overflow behave differently? noisier maybe?

Delphinus
08-27-2008, 10:44 PM
I can't actually answer that as I don't have my tank running. I can tell you that two waveboxes in my 280g produced a wave nearly 4" before I panicked and pulled the plug, the wave totally crashed over the side of the tank. The one wavebox produced a wave just slightly under 1".

I don't *think* it affects the overflow significantly, the only thing is if the wave takes the water lower than the overflow waterline, then more water will end up in your main tank until the flow through the overflow equalizes with the flow coming into the tank.

The tanks that I've seen with waveboxes have only had a slight gurgle noise that seemed to coincide with the wave. I didn't think the noise was too bad, but, I dunno, I might be deaf too for all I know. :p

seanoman
08-27-2008, 11:34 PM
pm'ed

blaster
08-28-2008, 12:08 AM
had sent another pm

Chaloupa
08-28-2008, 12:10 AM
does not alter my overflow on my tank at all.

seanoman
08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
any updates? Is is still available?

Delphinus
09-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Sold, thanks to all who inquired. :)