PDA

View Full Version : Betta friends??

banditpowdercoat
08-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Daughter wants some frineds in her 10g Betta tank. Just wondering what else, thats got some color, would get along?? I have some Neons and Xray fish in my other FW tank, but been a while since I looked into new FW fish??

Der_Iron_Chef
08-27-2008, 05:07 AM
My roommate keeps a betta in a 30G tank along with 6 neon tetras, 6 danios, 5 angelfish and a few other bottom dwelling fish. They all seem to get along well.

banditpowdercoat
08-27-2008, 05:14 AM
5 angelfish in a 30g??? WOW, my 30g has one, and hes the size of a tea cup saucer. Really. FREAKIN HUGE

Der_Iron_Chef
08-27-2008, 05:22 AM
LOL...hey, they're his, not mine :) I don't know much about them, and wasn't aware they got that big. I know he has plans in the future for another 50G, so maybe he's thinking ahead and knows what he's doing!

banditpowdercoat
08-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Ya, maybe they stay smaller cause of the competition. Mines 8 months old. So, he may want to plan on tanks soon HAHA.

Personally, I want to go all SW, but wife wont let me. But I do all the upkeep too. Hmm how does this rate........

Myka
08-27-2008, 05:48 AM
In my 10g I have a Betta, 6 Espei Rasboras, and 2 Otos.

Keri
09-06-2008, 02:38 AM
neons are always popular with the kids and will get along well - just try to avoid anything with flowing fins that look too much like another betta (ie guppies) fin nippers (tiger barbs) or other fish of the gourami family
I wouldn't put it in with angels as they get too big and sometimes can nip/bully other fish (they're just cichlids with a pretty face after all)
I'd go with 6 or so neons (or any small short finned tetra) and a couple of corydoras catfish, they're always busy and prefer company. If you put in some tall plants he might make a bubble nest!

Rbacchiega
12-14-2008, 04:28 AM
I've had success with keeping a male betta with a small shoal of Harlequin Rasboras...I'd go with 6 in the 10 gallon.

They're a nice, bright, active fish that will keep the little ones amused.