PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Reefer in Bellingham Washington

dsaundry
08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.chronic-reefer.com/

I thought I would post this as my wife and I were doing a little drive looking at some real estate and I paid this little shop a visit. It isnt very big, but they have some lovely little tanks and lots of frags, sps. lps, softies, not a lot of fish, but I met the co-owner who seemed quite nice. She said if there was anything in particular that someone was looking for she could probably order it in...Prices were ok, nothing to scream about, but right on par with a lot of lfs's.. eg, purple people eater zoo's, 5 heads. $75.00. So if you are heading to Bellingham, check it out...Next time I am down I am going to check out another place that specializes in aquariums as well..not livestock though...

phillybean
08-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Any issues getting it thru the border?

dsaundry
08-26-2008, 08:30 PM
No, but to be honest, they didnt even ask. The owner said she would refund the purchase price if it wouldn't go across, but I think I would still do my homework....All I was asked was if I was bringing any alcohol or cigarettes across. I don't answer, unasked questions...:wink:

LeeR
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
any mini carpet nems?

dsaundry
08-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Sorry, didnt really look for them this trip..more of a scouting mission.....:biggrin:

Aspiringarchitect
12-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Do you know if this place is still open?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Do you know if this place is still open?

Wow, digging up a post from 2008. Dsaundry is not even in the hobby anymore as far as I know.

Aspiringarchitect
12-13-2013, 07:46 AM
yea, I am really trying to find a supplier close by of an led fixture. and that is the closest place apparently.

spit.fire
12-13-2013, 08:00 AM
yea, I am really trying to find a supplier close by of an led fixture. and that is the closest place apparently.

Which led fixture are you looking for

Aspiringarchitect
12-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Aquabeam 1000, maybe a 2000. J&L doesn't supply just those 2, oddly enough they have basically every other aquaray lights.

Ginu
12-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Which led fixture are you looking for

You get yourself a PO Box somewhere in Blaine (I use Blaine Postal Center) and you can now shop anywhere in US.

I just ship what I need to my mailbox and pay $2.50 per box received and they don't have a yearly fee plus they open late... So I save a ton on two part and other reefing supplies.... now only if my tank would take off and grow sps like mad :)

I would also be interested in visiting some reef friendly shops if anyone has any decent leads in Bellingham. I shop at Trader Joe, Fred Myers and Costco around Meridian street on weekly basis, so anything around that area would be awesome.