PDA

View Full Version : In-tank refugium

noirsphynx
08-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Does anyone know of a canadian supplier of an in-tank refugium? I like this one http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3621 in the larger size. I know it would be easy to just make one myself but honestly, I'd probably never get around to doing it.

Chowder
08-26-2008, 04:44 AM
They are quite easy to make. I made one about 2 years ago out of a small plastic tank you find at most pet stores. Drilled to holes on one side for suction cups to attach it to the tank. I used a Rio 90 for flow and drilled 15 or so holes on the opposite side of where the Rio was conected. Believe it took about 30 mins to make.

Chris

mark
08-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Bigger is better specially for refugiums. If have the room fairly easy to plumb in a seperate fuge above your sump.

noirsphynx
08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Bigger is better specially for refugiums. If have the room fairly easy to plumb in a seperate fuge above your sump.

That's my problem I don't have the room outside or under my tank for one. I could of had room if I had of placed my tank elsewhere in my house but now it's up & running and I have no plans on draining a 90g to move it for a fuge. Wish I had of thought about a fuge BEFORE setting up. Newbie mistakes! I'll know for the next time I suppose, live & learn :rolleyes: