PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit users

christyf5
08-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Anyone know/heard if the Ultralith zeolite rocks and the Zeovit zeolite rocks are essentially the same or vastly different. I realize its probly a closely guarded secret but I thought I'd just check :wink:

albert_dao
08-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Zeovit zeolites have a larger variance in grain size from rock to rock. FM zeolites are a bit more uniform in shape and size.

HTH

surgeonfish
08-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Is there a difference in price?
Has anyone used Ultralith zeolite rocks with their Zeovit system?

christyf5
08-24-2008, 07:53 PM
I think both rocks are pretty cheap, I was also wondering if anyone had used the ultralith rocks with a zeo system, seems a waste as I have almost 2 liters of them left and was thinking about switching to zeo.

Tom R
08-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi Christy

My understanding is there is a difference. I have no proof of this, it may be just what they want us to believe. My understanding is that there are a number of different ultralith rocks out there and many have different properties.

Tom R

Jason McK
08-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Christy

My understanding is there is a difference. I have no proof of this, it may be just what they want us to believe. My understanding is that there are a number of different ultralith rocks out there and many have different properties.

Tom R

I heard the same thing. I believe there was a thread on Zeovit.com about it. But honestly it could just be hype.

J

Chowder
08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I asked the same thing on RC a while back.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1365164&highlight=Zeovit+and+ultra+lithe+rocks

kwirky
08-25-2008, 02:47 AM
I think the big difference is average surface area. I believe smaller zeolytes have a larger surface area making contact with the water. It's like having more zeorocks maybe? I think a better questions is what role does rock size play in all this? Because I think they're the same damned rocks only size makes a difference. Ammonia rocks have been around forever, it's just the organic carbon dosing companies that figured out what else they can be used for.

christyf5
08-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I figured as much, I just didn't want to "waste" (ie sit around and collect dust) the FM zeolites that I have here. I've added a couple zeo products to my ultralith setup (coral vitalizer and coral snow) and I must say they've done more for my tank in the first week or two than the previous 5 months of ultralith so I was looking to maybe get into the full zeo line.

Tom R
08-25-2008, 03:17 AM
I've added a couple zeo products to my ultralith setup (coral vitalizer and coral snow) and I must say they've done more for my tank in the first week or two than the previous 5 months of ultralith so I was looking to maybe get into the full zeo line.

Hi Christy

I have been using both of those products with the same response. I love the results of Coral Snow, it makes my water glisten. I use 8 ml once a week.

Tom R

surgeonfish
08-25-2008, 04:10 AM
Hi Christy

I have been using both of those products with the same response. I love the results of Coral Snow, it makes my water glisten. I use 8 ml once a week.

Tom R

Tom
You use coral snow only once a week? I just started adding coral snow to my ZEOvit system, but use 10 ml (1ml Coral Snow per 25gallons) daily.

surgeonfish
08-25-2008, 04:13 AM
Christy
Try substituting the Ultralith zeolite rocks into your ZEOvit reactor and see if you notice any difference?
Shane

christyf5
08-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Hey Shane,

I don't use a reactor, I find it works better/same running it passively in the sump in a cherry tomato bag :mrgreen: Currently I'm already running the Ultralith rocks with the ultralith system. Or did you mean use the Zeo rocks with the ultralith system to see if there was a difference?

I was using 4ml of coral snow daily in 100gal of water for the first week, then I decided to use it every second day. I read on zeovit that it was recommended 0.025ml/25gal 3x a week which is way less.

surgeonfish
08-25-2008, 04:41 AM
Christy
Sorry my mistake. I assumed you were running a ZEOvit system and had some Ultralith zeolite rocks collecting dust.
Maybe someone else has tried using Ultralith zeolite rocks with the ZEOvit sytem or the ZEOvit rocks with the Ultralith system?
Shane

Oceanic
08-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I made the switch from FM to Zeovit too! Was the best move I have made. You can for sure use the FM rocks, they are exactly the same thing.

For those of you using the coral snow, don't forget you can and should mix some of your other elements with it! the coral snow makes them more effective! I mix the coral vitality with the snow most of the time.

:mrgreen:

Tom R
08-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey Shane,

I was using 4ml of coral snow daily in 100gal of water for the first week, then I decided to use it every second day. I read on zeovit that it was recommended 0.025ml/25gal 3x a week which is way less.

Hi Christy

I have tried a number of diffent dosages and I am have great results with much smaller dosages than what was recommended by ZEOvit. My system is about 525G and my dosage levels are:

ZEOvit Supplements Added

ZEObak: 8 drops every 4 days

ZEOfood: 4 drops every 4 days

ZEOstart2: 0.5ml twice a day

Amino Acids: 6 drops daily

Pohl�s Coral Vitalizer: 8 drops daily

Potassium Iodide Fluoride: 2 drops daily

ZEOvit Coral Snow: 8 ml every 7 days

ZEOspur2: 5 ml every 10 days

Aqua-Digital
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
The difference with Coral Snow and Fauna Marin Ultra Life is that FM Ultra Life uses Bentonyte instead of being sugar based, so you may not see such fast results but the benefit is more long term.

The reasons being Bentonyte holds organic amino acids that slow release back into the system and act as a coral food thus giving a far more long term and health benefit, not just quick colouration.

Hope that helps explain the basic difference and why some have felt the Ultra Life does not give the "quick fix" but taking into account what I have written here it will provide a long term gain with food and health benefits.

Oceanic
08-25-2008, 05:51 PM
The difference with Coral Snow and Fauna Marin Ultra Life is that FM Ultra Life uses Bentonyte instead of being sugar based, so you may not see such fast results but the benefit is more long term.

The reasons being Bentonyte holds organic amino acids that slow release back into the system and act as a coral food thus giving a far more long term and health benefit, not just quick colouration.

Hope that helps explain the basic difference and why some have felt the Ultra Life does not give the "quick fix" but taking into account what I have written here it will provide a long term gain with food and health benefits.

Fauna Marin IS a great product either way. I had good success with it.

Aqua-Digital
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Many thanks :)

I dont want guys thinking I am trying to say one is better than the other, just highlighting the fact that Ultra Life is quite different although it provides similar effects its complexity is different working as a food source as well as colour booster also. So you will see differences when comparing the two brands between short and long term useage.