PDA

View Full Version : New Ricordea Yuma - DYING?

phillyreefer
08-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Just purchased a bright neon green color Ricordea Yuma from
Big Als tonight at 8 got it home 20 minutes later and noticed that white stringey slime coming out of its mouth (still in the Store bag). I ignored it thinking its ok, went to watch Pinapple Express (which is a kick *** movie) and came home to see its mouth has melted away long with alot of its middle and still that white slime....

did I purchase a dying Ricordea? I hoped not because it was the fastest $40 that I ever spent.

whats the return policy at the New Big Als?

oh and my water is PERFECT.....haven't looked better!

fishytime
08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Not sure if its on its way out or not. I wouldnt give up on it until it a pile of white slime. I checked out BAs a week ago and the rics they had when I was there didnt look so good. The ones we have on the other hand look saweet., and they arent $40.

phillyreefer
08-23-2008, 04:10 PM
well the under body is left and the outer ring is almost all off it. Will the under body reproduce itself? :sad:

yeah and i didn't know what i was thinking paying that price.....especially when I only paid $15 for my last one. Is it because this one is about 2 inch in size and neon green?

Bugsy
08-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Is it still in your tank??

Rics are pretty hard to kill from what I have been told and read. How long was it in transit to you??

If the underbody is still attached to the rock it came on I would be tempted to place that in a low flow area where there is not a huge hit of direct light just so it can stable itself.

If you have MH then make sure it is to the side of those and it should recover.

Is it completely white or does it have color ?? If you were to touch it with a stick is it still firm??

I would not toss it just yet, they are so darn expensive to begin with.

Amy