PDA

View Full Version : Perc Eggs!

spoot
08-23-2008, 06:19 AM
So a couple of days ago, I noticed that our female Perc was rather chubby. At first I thought that she had just eaten a little too much the past few days, but in the back of my mind I hoped that she had eggs. Well today, I checked out the pair's favourite rock and noticed and shiney orange mat on the back side :D The male has been blowing on the eggs and such. He also won't go far from the eggs and always checks back on them.

This pair is at least 3 years old and has had previous batches of eggs with a previous owner. I'm wondering how likely I will get viable babies without doing anything extra, or will I need to catch them once they hatch and administer a special feeding regiment.

psuedo
08-23-2008, 03:31 PM
from what I hear raising clownfish is a long and tedious process. They have to be seperated from their parents and everyone else in the main tank then you can start to raise them.

I am sure there are many threads on this on canreef, just do a search

spoot
08-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Eggs have turned dark from the eyes. I'm just going to leave them and not do anything special. Probably try to grind up some of the regular tank food extra small, but other than that, not going to but extra work into this brood.

Myka
08-26-2008, 03:51 PM
You'll just pollute the tank if you try to feed them. There is no point in trying unless you remove the eggs to a breeding tank. Congrats on the eggs! :)

spoot
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Hmmm, maybe I'll stick them in a breeder net because I think polluting a big tank with a really big skimmer is better than polluting a small tank with no skimmer. Plus, I only have the 2 parents and a sleeper goby in the 90g :D

PoonTang
08-26-2008, 10:55 PM
From what I understand the only thing you can feed them is live rotifers. Ground up food and everything else is just too big to fit in their mouths.

karazy
08-26-2008, 11:26 PM
actualy, ive always wondered what wud happened if u tried very very very ground up flake(liek powder) or maybe like veryy fine cut and crushed bloodworms

ElGuappo
08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
i believe they have liquid food aswell.

spoot
08-27-2008, 04:37 AM
There are some micro pellets from japan that supposedly work. Not sure about that though.

karazy
08-27-2008, 04:39 AM
i just got this food thats very high grade and i got it in 4 sizes(samples) and the smalest size is like dust(literaly)