PDA

View Full Version : dosing pump.......

mrcopitr
03-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Hi guys....

I've just hooked up my dosing pump (old medical system) to take care of my top off in my sump...what I would like to know is; can I dose my calcium supplement at the same time as the top off water on a 24 hours basis...I currently add r/o water at a rate of 100 ml/hr...I read on the calcium supplement (kalkwasser)container that it should be dosed at night...is it a problem if I doze on a continual basis with the top off water???

Hoping to hear from you

Marco

Canadian Man
03-05-2002, 12:11 AM
I dose my kalk with a dripper above my tank 24/7 at about 1 drop per sec or two. my ph remains quite stable and i would rather do it continually than just at night time.
Jonathan

Seaquest
03-05-2002, 01:48 AM
Hi Marco

Good to hear from some one out east, I have many freinds in Chatham. Every one has there own dosing methods but most books and containers will tell you to dose in the we night hours when the lights are off. I personally have a large reactor plus I still dose Kalkwasser. The best thing for you to do is read up on the topic and ajust you dosing to your tanks needs. keep and eye on your chemistry and everythiing should be just fine. You will find many talented reef keepers on this message board from across Canada and were all here to suggest and help each other.

Cheers

SeaQuest

Toronto