PDA

View Full Version : Nylon washers in Euro-reef Sedra needle-wheel pump impellars

trilinearmipmap
08-21-2008, 04:18 AM
My Euro-Reef is 4 or 5 years old, I forget which.

There are 2 nylon washers that rub against each other and they have worn concentric donut-type rings in each other.

Is this a generic off-the-shelf part that can be bought somewhere (I don't have a big box hardware store in my town or I would look myself). Or is this a specialty part that has to be ordered from Euro-Reef only?

untamed
08-21-2008, 05:26 AM
I know the part you mean. I was not able to find that part separately and I ended up replacing the entire needle wheel impeller.

dreef
08-21-2008, 02:08 PM
I too live in a city where i have trouble finding anything i need.That part can be ordered from euroreef's website.Word of warning,if you add them to the cart,they are only 25 cents a piece,but fedex shipping is over 40 american !! After sending them a nasty email,and posting on RC i recieved 4 for nothng.I would gladly mail you 2 for free,it will cost me a stamp.I have an rs135 which uses the sedra 5000 check if there the same size washer,and pm me.

TRS
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I too live in a city where i have trouble finding anything i need.That part can be ordered from euroreef's website.Word of warning,if you add them to the cart,they are only 25 cents a piece,but fedex shipping is over 40 american !! After sending them a nasty email,and posting on RC i recieved 4 for nothng.I would gladly mail you 2 for free,it will cost me a stamp.I have an rs135 which uses the sedra 5000 check if there the same size washer,and pm me.

THE REEF SHOPPE has some spares too.