PDA

View Full Version : give me your proven flat worm eaters

iansfishy
08-20-2008, 10:55 PM
anyone got a fish that has been a proven flat worm eater that they could sell or trade with me or just let me borrow it for a bit. i dont want to try any chemical methods and i am tired of syphoning to no avail. Thanks

justinl
08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Im not letting him go, but yellow wrasses usually eat flatworms like theres no tomorrow. Halichoeres chrysus. Trick is to let it get hungry enough i think.

Stones
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree with Justinl. Find yourself a yellow wrasse and it should take care of your flatworm problem. I had one that quadroupled in size in about 3 months from eating pretty much only photosynthetic flatworms.

Keri
08-21-2008, 03:04 AM
Im not letting him go, but yellow wrasses usually eat flatworms like theres no tomorrow. Halichoeres chrysus. Trick is to let it get hungry enough i think.

I agree with Justinl. Find yourself a yellow wrasse and it should take care of your flatworm problem. I had one that quadroupled in size in about 3 months from eating pretty much only photosynthetic flatworms.

yup! worked for me. Can't have mine cuz there is no way I could catch him plus I really like him but they are pretty common. I got a little one from J&Ls.

Delphinus
08-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Me too or is it me three or me four by now. Yellow or canary wrasse, it's a really pretty fish to boot.

Alberta-newb
08-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Don't mean to be rude and hijack, but I also have a large flatworm population and am looking for a suitable solution. Problem is I also have some very nice large feather dusters (almost 3" dia). Will a yellow wrasse also devour them or are any other fish suitable? Right now I have a scopas tang and a yellow goby in my 120.

Thanks,

Francis

jpdutton
08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Any of these guys: I put them in the order I would chose,
sixline wrasse,
green wrasse,
Yellow wrasse,

jpdutton
08-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Any of these guys: I put them in the order I would chose,
sixline wrasse,
green wrasse,
Yellow wrasse,

There is a good chance your feather dusters will become snacks, less so with the sixline but still a chance.

EmilyB
08-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Suck and blow. They hate flow.

Alberta-newb
08-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Suck and blow. They hate flow.

Thanks! I just put a VorTech in a few days ago and it has dramatically improved the flow (had a lot of dead spots before) I'll be patient and watch what effect it has on the flatworms.