PDA

View Full Version : clowns

kgb
04-04-2003, 03:05 AM
my clown is acting very weird. they keep laying on my ricordia mushroom and they keep sucking on the bubbles :) pretty funny

AJ_77
04-04-2003, 03:48 AM
That's pretty normal for those ones Andrew. Wait until you have some big Green Fuzzy shrooms and they'll go flop-housing in those as well. Those ocellaris clowns you have aren't so fussy about hosts, eh? :biggrin:

I think I have a few pics of them nuzzling some bubbles too...

Does it seem to have any effect on the ricordia?

kgb
04-04-2003, 03:59 AM
at firts the ricordia would shrink up but now nothing happen its sorta like it likes it or it doesnt care.that mushroom you gave me just melted away ...? but yeah what else you think they would go into? i was think of getting an aname or how every you spell it . but i have heard lots of bad stuff about them

AJ_77
04-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Don't think you can get an anemone yet, man. It should be close to a year of good steady reefing before going that road. There are some captive-raised BTAs among people locally, so maybe one day.

Bummer about the melting green fuzzies. I had one do that too. We may have to get Mr Ipema on the job - nobody frags shrooms like him.

naesco
04-04-2003, 05:06 AM
Good advice AJ!!

sumpfinfishe
04-04-2003, 06:58 AM
How old is your setup?
I got my first LTA after only 6 months up and running.
You definetly have to have a stable system and do a little reading first though.
After 18 months I traded in the LTA because it outgrew my tank, now I keep only BTA'S as they tend not to grow as fast.
A LTA is a good starter of the anemone's, the bubbles and carpets should be used later with experience.

cheers, Rich

Bob I
04-04-2003, 02:39 PM
my clown is acting very weird. they keep laying on my ricordia mushroom and they keep sucking on the bubbles :) pretty funny

What bubbles are you talking about?? Air bubbles, or does Ricordia have bubbles? :confused:

Bob I
04-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Bummer about the melting green fuzzies. I had one do that too. We may have to get Mr Ipema on the job - nobody frags shrooms like him.

Don't come a-looking here. My parent mushroom rock is not with me at this time, and the tank it is in now is not totally happy, so they are not doing their usual growing there. I have only two mushrooms here, and although they are growing well, they have not as yet spread.

AJ_77
04-04-2003, 03:07 PM

What bubbles are you talking about?? Air bubbles, or does Ricordia have bubbles? :confused:
Some ricordia look like this:
http://www.ecorals.tv/images/products/300/00/00/09/00000966-20020711175704-96608183.jpg

Bob I
04-04-2003, 03:08 PM

You can always give him to me :mrgreen:, my new LTA could use a companion. I may just have to go and pick up one of those tank raised Tomato Clowns at Pisces, and see if it takes to the LTA. The LTA's previous owner says Tomatoes like LTAs :grab: