PDA

View Full Version : Reef tank video..its 9 months old now..yay

dsaundry
08-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Just thought I would try a video of my tanks..not the greatest quality but its 9 months old, not counting the break in time of 8 weeks.. only the 72g is 9 months old, the 50g quarantine tank is only about 2 months old and the 90 g is about 6-7 months old now..will try to get a better video of the 90g with the Dwarf Golden Moray soon..
All comments welcomed...pro and con...

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/dsaundry/?action=view&current=100_1625.flv

spanky
08-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Your tanks look awsome! well done

dsaundry
08-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Thank you..A few issues still but still working with them...I am still going to try to get the Golden Moray in one of my videos, I think next time I will try hand feeding them and get my wife to record..He usually always comes out then..

Lance
08-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Tanks are lookin' good!

Keri
08-14-2008, 07:02 AM
VERY cool! Your fish all look fat and happy :)
1 question tho, you called it a freshwater flounder? :question: heh

I love the humu humu! How big do you expect him to get? is he very agressive?

WhoPoopWrasse
08-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Wow, that tank looks so alive! I'm being nosy here but how many fish are there in the first tank in the video? Is that the 90 or the 72g? I wanted to add a few more Chromis' to my 90 but I was afraid I was over stocked :lol:

dsaundry
08-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Sorry about the freshwater thing..Shut my mouth..:lol:
The first tank is the 72g bowfront..second is the 50g quarantine and the last is the 90g....I am going to get my wife to record the way I usually feed my 90g as the fish are aggressive but have a lot of personality...well the Moray isnt really aggressive..but very cool...:biggrin:

As for the question how many Chromis are in there, I believe there are 6 regular blue Chromis and 2 Yellow tail. I got them when I was cycling the tank and actually expected to lose a few during the cycle. I only lost 2...I like them though as they do school but I would have to pull all the rock out just to catch them. Maybe one day I may try a fish trap if I determine that they are becoming a nuisance. So far they are fine. As far as the Huma Huma goes, he seems to be aggressive to the snails that were in there but not to the other fish. I know this can change but so far so good.. He will feed right out of my hand and recognizes me when I come in the room, so does the flounder..really cool fish, not sure how big he will get in a 90g but if I can ever persuade my wife to let me get a 300-400g tank well.....I think they can get up to about 12"...The next project in the works though will be a 50g sps tank..still a while away although I have all the equipment in the garage....time, time and more time that I just dont seem to have right now..LOL