PDA

View Full Version : Spreading Anthelia

rocketlily
08-07-2008, 04:03 AM
I have Anthelia that is starting to take too much room and approaching other corals. How do I remove it from the rock in spots without taking the rock out of the tank, as it can't be moved. I tried pulling it off with tweasers but it seems to be attached to the rock to much to clean it off.

psuedo
08-07-2008, 04:17 AM
All I can say is good luck. Those lil buggers spread like wildfire. I got rid of most of mine by getting rid of the rock. However I left a small piece in the tank then I placed some pulsing xenia beside it and the anthelia died. That might just have been a coincidence but it worked for the small patch that was left

Midknight
08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
No, I had a nice clump of xenia and Anthelia mixed in with each other and they were both happy and spreading.
I use to just peel back the Anthelia as the leading edges are pretty firm.
Then just tossed the unwanted extra.

nats
08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I had lots of it all over my live rock. I purchased a coral beauty and within 2 days it was all gone. every last bit of it.

DanG
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I had lots of it all over my live rock. I purchased a coral beauty and within 2 days it was all gone. every last bit of it.

Serious?

That'd be great. I have so much of the stuff. Is your CB reef friendly? I know it will vary from fish to fish, but have you caught your guy nipping at sps or lps?

nats
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
oh i'm serious. I could not get the fish to eat anything and i was getting worried about it. then i noticed all of that pesty stuff was gone. every last one of them.

rocketlily
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I would be more afraid the the fish than trying to get rid of the Anthelia. Quote from liveaguaris.com "Not a good reef dweller, the Coral Beauty Angelfish is prone to nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates)."

dandyfop
08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I have a coral beauty and I haven't noticed him nipping at anything in over 6 months!

nats
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM
no problems with mine. cool fish.