PDA

View Full Version : Calgary, I want to do a tank tour!

michika
08-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I want to do a tank tour of everyone's sweet systems here in Calgary. I was thinking maybe a weekend in mid-September.

Whatcha all think?

i have crabs
08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
id be up for somethin

michika
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I was thinking maybe start somewhere at say 9am, and go until around 3pm. Ending maybe with a BBQ type deal somewhere.

We can start south and work our way north, or vice versa. I figure we need probably 5-6 tanks to visit. The number of tanks would depend on how long we want to spend at each tank. We could even start at a store initially as a central gathering point.

JDigital
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a cool idea..

ElGuappo
08-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Sounds good. i may be in vegas for jummy buffet and elton john depending on the date but i will find out next weekend. sounds like a good idea.

i have crabs
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
macna is the first weekend of sept, so me and stinky will be gone i dont know if anyone else is goin,

michika
08-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I was hoping to go, but passed up our tickets for RollerCon instead. Thats why I don't want to do it at the beginning. I may still go to MACNA depending on how things turn out for our house hunt in the next month.

karazy
08-05-2008, 04:44 AM
i think this would be really cool.
it wud really give inspiration to newbs like me

yeeg
08-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I would be ok displaying my tank as part of the tour...I also consider myself a newb as I previously had FOWLR but have ventured into the reef world...I also have some questions as where to place certain items so any input would be greatly appreciated...Its been 4.5 months since the LR went in and I've been fortunate enough to have very little nuisance algae and the sps seems to be thriving...Lights are 100% lit after 1pm...Need more insight on my tank though...

Live in Tuscany

JDigital
08-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Live in Tuscany

So do I! :lol:

mark
08-07-2008, 03:45 AM
Tour worked great for Edm, now if you only had a reefer with a limo company...

fishytime
08-07-2008, 04:01 AM
I dont know if my tank is worthy of a visit or not.... or if Kev will let me sneak away from the shop on the weekend picked. But I think this would be cool. Seen quite a few nice tanks just from buying stuff from peeps. I will mention this to Kev if he hasnt read it already.

Delphinus
08-07-2008, 04:12 AM
I'd be tentatively interested in tagging along, hard to plan that sort of thing though when you have two balls and chains (namely a 3 year old and a 4 month old) attached to you all the time but it would be a keen idea and I'd come if i could.

yeeg
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM
I dont know if my tank is worthy of a visit or not.... or if Kev will let me sneak away from the shop on the weekend picked. But I think this would be cool. Seen quite a few nice tanks just from buying stuff from peeps. I will mention this to Kev if he hasnt read it already.
Kevin said he would try and make it over one day to see the tank and he also mentioned you would be really upset if you didnt get to tag along...So basically you and Kevin have a standing invite to come check it out...Just cant come over while the Riders are playing...

kwirky
08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I'd be tentatively interested in tagging along, hard to plan that sort of thing though when you have two balls and chains (namely a 3 year old and a 4 month old) attached to you all the time but it would be a keen idea and I'd come if i could.

just bag 'em up and leave 'em in a cooler in the car. They'll survive at least 24 hours with oxygen in the bag!

I'm up for a tank tour if it's on a mon, tue, or thur. I'm at the store every other day of the week. Would we basically be touring the big tanks of the city?

karazy
08-08-2008, 07:22 PM
for me it wud have to be a weekend cuz of school>.<

kwirky
08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
for me it wud have to be a weekend cuz of school>.<

psh... school!? Since when is "learning" something that's "important"? :D

karazy
08-08-2008, 09:37 PM
ahaha, nice. maybe just maybe i could get away with an excuse. lets see... "Evan cannot come to school today as he has.... a team event!"

perfect!
cuz we are a team of canadians
and we r having an event :D

michika
08-08-2008, 09:55 PM
So who will be offering up their tanks?

i have crabs
08-08-2008, 11:17 PM
i dont mind people checkin out my place, im not so shure thier is anything too wonderful but i do have a grouper that makes peoples eyes spin

AJ_77
08-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by yeeg http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=338215#post338215)

Live in Tuscany
So do I! :lol:
Sorry, no tank at present - but can I get in on the Tuscany arm of the tour? :mrgreen:

muck
08-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry, no tank at present - but can I get in on the Tuscany arm of the tour? :mrgreen:

what... WHAT... who is this AJ character.. :razz::razz:

michika
08-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Well so far I'm thinking we probably need at least 5 tanks, and I think anyone should be able to enter their tank.

Since I know we all like to chat and drool maybe we should budget about an hour between each tank?

JDigital
08-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Well so far I'm thinking we probably need at least 5 tanks, and I think anyone should be able to enter their tank.

Since I know we all like to chat and drool maybe we should budget about an hour between each tank?

I know its your idea, but i vote to keep your tank out of the runnings.... Your place is supposedly WAY too hot... LOL :wink:

I'm JK.. :) i'd like to see your tank in person.

3700+ posts and no tank? lol

My tank is definitely not worthy of this tour.. 3 months old and still battling weird algae's... lol

Snappy
08-17-2008, 05:13 AM
3700+ posts and no tank? lol

My tank is definitely not worthy of this tour.. 3 months old and still battling weird algae's... lol
Al is an old time member who shut his tanks down a few years ago.
Hey Al nice to see you're still alive.:biggrin: I think you should have to do the full tour though.:lol:

michika
08-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Yup my place definitely is hot...28.6 at this moment. Depending on which weekend we do this thing, we may be in a new location.

Brighteyes_13
08-17-2008, 05:35 PM
i'd love to get in on the tour! i always enjoy drooling over someone elses tank and dreaming about how i can make mine better

JDigital
08-17-2008, 11:29 PM
i always enjoy drooling over someone else's tank

As long as you clean the glass when you're done. :mrgreen:

AJ_77
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Al is an old time member who shut his tanks down a few years ago.
Hey Al nice to see you're still alive.:biggrin: I think you should have to do the full tour though.:lol:Hey Greg - good to see you on top of things - love your slogan! If you're on the tank tour, then I should really make an effort to get my butt down your way. What about Tony, does he have water in his big box yet? :wink:

Yeah, 3700+ posts... those were the days... :mrgreen:

We'll see if I can't get a tank up and running in the next 6 months or so. You just never know...

Snappy
08-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey Greg - good to see you on top of things - love your slogan! If you're on the tank tour, then I should really make an effort to get my butt down your way. What about Tony, does he have water in his big box yet? :wink:

Yeah, 3700+ posts... those were the days... :mrgreen:

We'll see if I can't get a tank up and running in the next 6 months or so. You just never know...
:surprise:Al I hadn't planned on being involved but if it would get you out of the house & down here I'd certainly consider it.:wink: It's come a long way since the days I was over at your place mooching corals and seeking advise.:lol:
As far as Tony goes I can't speak on his tank progress but I'm sure he'll chime in eventually.

andestang
08-19-2008, 02:30 AM

Great to hear from you ! I think you should make a tank happen in the next 6 months :cool:

saltyrockbox
08-19-2008, 04:13 AM
I live in new brighton, 70g reef and 20g planted tanks. there are lots of people in the area with tanks I think a tour should make it down here.

JDigital
08-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Should we setup a poll for tank possibilities to tour? Individuals willing to show can post here, and then build a poll after with all the people interested in showing. We vote, and pick the top 5-6 highest voted tanks to tour?

i have crabs
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
i think thats a good ideal, mabey post a couple pics and get closer to deciding where everyone wants to go.
mabey if snappy is in we should stop thier last so we can raid the frag tank.

yeeg
08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
i think thats a good ideal, mabey post a couple pics and get closer to deciding where everyone wants to go.
mabey if snappy is in we should stop thier last so we can raid the frag tank.

a "post tank tour sale" at snappy's would be right up my alley :mrgreen:
cash only of course...

motokorth
08-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I would love to come depending on the weekend. I need some inspiration for my tank, since I have to restart it. Never let a 9 year old trouble making kid be alone with your tank...