PDA

View Full Version : AGA Aquariums and MegaFlow Overlflow

Captainhemo
08-01-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm looking at a tank upgrade one of these days and was wondering if anyone cares to comment on the quality of All-Glass aquariums in general as well as their Mega Flow Overflow system.
I'd be going to a 75 gallon tank so that tank would come standard with one overflow.
What about the plastic center braces these tanks use , do they really do anything ? It wouldn't be a bow front, just the regular rectangular tank.

Comments ? Experiences ?
Thanks

-jay

mseepman
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Jay,

I have a couple of friends with AGA tanks...they've been reasonably happy, especially for the price. Again, they've been happy with the megaflow overflows, but I sometimes find their Durso's to be a little louder than necessary. The silicone work is adequate, but probably not as nice as the Perfecto tanks out there.

The tanks that my friend's have are the 90g and the 210g.

Hope that helps in some way.

Stones
08-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I have an AGA 90 gallon with the megaflow overflow. Instead of using the 3/4" bulkhead hole as my return, I use it as my emergency drain line and run a ball valve on the 1" drain to convert the durso system into a herbie style overflow. Works great so far, but just make sure if you are going to do this that the 3/4" drain can handle all the flow from your return pump. The durso was a bit too loud for my liking and now it runs completely silent. So far, I've got nothing bad to say about the tank but its only been up and running now for about 2 months.

TJSlayer
08-02-2008, 05:48 AM
I have the 75 galon myself and did the herbie style drain as well works grat and no complaints here. Got the tank for $225 + tax locally so the price was great.

Se my post here http://www.saskreef.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=5263

Been great so far but I need to post some updates...

cheers
Todd

Myka
08-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I have had a few AGA's over the years. The silicone has always been "perfect". I'm happy with them.