PDA

View Full Version : april meeting

Quinn
03-31-2003, 11:33 PM
obviously it's a little rude for me to be initiating this, since i'm not really offering to hold the meeting (no tank, and at least an hour away, unless you're jon, in which case it's about four :razz: ), but i thought i'd get the ball rolling. i'm suffering from withdrawal now (once again, because i have no tank), so if anyone is interested in hosting a little get-together... well, here's the thread to let us know :biggrin: and yes, when my tank is finally done, you are all welcome whenever you get sucked into the "red deer vacuum" (as doug would put it).

Canadian Man
04-01-2003, 12:47 AM
Well like I said before I am in but it probably should be someone from the north. That would make more sense any way since the last one was in the south at Tony's.

AJ_77
04-01-2003, 01:21 AM
Jonnie, no big deal I'm sure - if you're keen on hosting then throw your hat in the ring. Maybe there is another interested party, maybe not... unless they're shy, then we'll never know. :wink:

(Then Quinn will be happy. For a few minutes.)
:turn-l:

Delphinus
04-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Somebody just volunteer already for crying out loud!!!! :razz:

Canadian Man
04-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Well I was kinda holding out to hold another meeting for my new tank to be up but that is still a few months away. If I were to hold the meeting it would probably be at the end of April as I am just so freeking busy as work and my days off durring the first part of April are commited to friends.

So I am gung ho to hold the meeting if we all don't mind waiting till the end of April?

rossb
04-03-2003, 01:15 AM
I think that to be fair to ...well Bob.. the next meeting should be held in the north. I have been tossing around the idea of offering up my house but I am unsure how many people I would have to expect. So...

1.. how many people might come?

2.. how many might bring their spouses (my girl would ask that)?

3.. When would this be??

4.. My tank is a bit ugly right now so no comments (tips are good) and especially not about all my goldfish.

5.. You all like dogs right?

My house is reasonably sized and can hold quite a few, but you have to be nice to my dog...

Canadian Man
04-03-2003, 01:42 AM
I would be more into you having the meeting than me right now Ross.
And of course it's only to be fair to Bob :razz:

I think at the last meeting at Tony's there were about 15 of us and only 1 spouse I believe...... So if we get the same turnout or better there should be around 15 unless we inclued spouses.

kari
04-03-2003, 02:25 AM
I'm still dwelling on offering my little chicken coop. Our smaller dog bites all new comers if given a chance. The big old one is irritating and the third one barks when left out with us in. Maybe the dogs can stay at Bob's :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ross, does that mean Tony can't pour beer on your dog anymore?

Kari

AJ_77
04-03-2003, 02:31 AM
I'm in for 1 (no spouse) for either northern location. Kari's tank is awesome, and the aviary ain't bad either. As for the dogs, "I know a guy who can help you with your dog problem..."

:wink:

Quinn
04-03-2003, 02:34 AM
do i really need to RSVP? :razz: i will, however, be bringing my sixteen cats, so i hope your dogs are ok with that.

Delphinus
04-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Hey, I was SHARING my beer. You can't get any nicer than that (in my definition)! :razz:

TANGOMAN
04-03-2003, 03:38 PM
I'll submit a definate maybe? Ooops, I thought this was for a group order... :confused: .
Ya, I'm in. I won't bring a spouse. Nor a girlfriend for that matter ! The dogs are ok. (so long as they don't give me dirty looks like Emily...). They can't be worse than kids... :confused: .
Bob's not going to be there is he...? :eek:

rossb
04-03-2003, 03:48 PM
well with two offers on the table...and kari's tank in much bettershape...It's kari's for sure.

I'll bring dog cookies for three!

Dresden
04-03-2003, 09:12 PM
if i can get a spouse by then count her in

Quinn
04-03-2003, 09:20 PM

you sure she's up for the drive?

Bob I
04-03-2003, 09:39 PM
[quote]Bob's not going to be there is he...? :eek:

Yeah you should be so lucky. I am in for sure. :evil:

rossb
04-03-2003, 10:22 PM
dresden wrote

don't do it...stick the fish. As long as you feed them .. they're happy .. and you can watch whatever you want on TV...all the time :splat:

Delphinus
04-04-2003, 02:27 AM
So .... :question: Time? Place?

Tau2301
04-04-2003, 02:45 AM
I'll come too, but that is like as in one not two.

I had thought all the funny stuff had been said, but I can still amaze myself. Or is that amuse? :biggrin:

P.S.
AJ_77 (notice the formal spelling of his name) I'm p*ssed at you infering I am drunk. I can't help it if the Bulletin Board's time is out by a mere few hours. :confused:

Besides I can't stay up that late to post official April Fools Jokes. :rolleyes:

Just kidding about being p*ssed. :biggrin:

AJ_77
04-04-2003, 03:55 AM
So .... :question: Time? Place?
Yikes! Are we eager? :lol:

Kari doesn't always have good opportunities to check on the board during the week. We'll have to wait to see what he says. Hopefully he's up for it.

(Kim - I knew you weren't really ****ed, but I'm not sure you weren't really drunk. LOL)

ed99
04-04-2003, 04:25 AM
I'd like to tag along as well to meet some of the people behind the smilies. I'll be one.

Ed

kari
04-05-2003, 01:21 AM
My place is OK if you people don't mind the drive. The shack is much smaller than Ross's and not anywhere near as nice but I think we can make room for us. We've only been here for one year so this will give me a good excuse to unpack and buy a vacuum cleaner.

I'm thinking how about Sat. April 12. say 13:00.
All fish freak weirdos are welcome
:biggrin: :redface: :confused: :biggrin:

Just to let you know, Allan was exagerating on my tank condition. It has its problems just like me.

MapQuest to follow if its a go. (far NE Calgary)

kari

Bob I
04-05-2003, 01:30 AM
My place is OK if you people don't mind the drive.

It is not at all bad. It is 23 KMS from my place, so it is under 30 for Ross, and Alan. And for Deb it is a lot closer than Victoria. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kari
04-05-2003, 02:02 AM
do i really need to RSVP? :razz: i will, however, be bringing my sixteen cats, so i hope your dogs are ok with that.

I asked them and they responded "rall your riddle ruddies rarr rwelcome." And, "can you pick up a pack of tooth picks on your way" :2gunfire:

kari

Canadian Man
04-05-2003, 05:35 AM
Sounds great to me! I'm in. I have a party for my work later that evening but 1:00 (13:00) works great!

AJ_77
04-06-2003, 03:21 AM
Sounds great! Yeah, a map might help. It's an interesting little drive, to be sure.

:biggrin:

Bob I
04-06-2003, 03:39 AM
I'll come too, but that is like as in one not two.

I had thought all the funny stuff had been said, but I can still amaze myself. Or is that amuse? :biggrin:

P.S.
AJ_77 (notice the formal spelling of his name) I'm p*ssed at you infering I am drunk. I can't help it if the Bulletin Board's time is out by a mere few hours. :confused:

Besides I can't stay up that late to post official April Fools Jokes. :rolleyes:

Just kidding about being p*ssed. :biggrin:

Nice Avatar Kim, but far too big.

kgb
04-06-2003, 03:48 AM
im in 2 . so yeah any one wanna trade or sell any frags or stuff related to sw ?

kari
04-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Not sure if we have agreed where we are getting together but here's the map;

http://www.mytelus.com/maps/map?request=latlongnavframe&width=445&height=400&style=medium&lat=511151&long=-1139319&template=map_result&poicount=1&poiname1=&poilat1=511151&poilong1=-1139319&poiicon1=203&zoom=3

121 Taravista Cresent NE - (H)280-1779

Note:
The star marking location should be about 100m north on the same street and there is no pond or lake as shown on this map :confused: . Also 68th Street is permanently closed between Taradale Drive and 80th AVE. :sad:

Maybe I should provide GPS coords since all the maps are ethier wrong or outdated :robot:

kari

kgb
04-10-2003, 12:25 AM
hey what date is this at

kgb
04-10-2003, 01:19 AM
never mind i read this section again :)
also i will be up to holding a meeting after john me and my 2 roomies will have a 45 gal nicely done soon (getting the hood and lighting by the end of this month hopfully
but yeah i am up to holding one eventually

Quinn
04-13-2003, 02:37 AM
well there were a lot less of us at kari's today than last month at tony's, but those of us there did have a swell time. thank you kari for inviting us to see your tank (very nice) and for the drinks and munchies. by the way, that yellow scroll coral is really cool... :razz:

AJ_77
04-13-2003, 04:05 AM
As long as the guests outnumbered the dogs... :eek:

Sorry to have missed this one. Thanks Kari - next time?

That yellow Scroll is my favourite too. :biggrin:

BC_Grl
04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Teevee, what is that thing underneath your sig?

Quinn
04-13-2003, 06:05 PM

a skunk enjoying some good music... couldn't resist putting it in there. :confused:

Canadian Man
04-14-2003, 12:59 AM

a skunk enjoying some good music... couldn't resist putting it in there. :confused:

Or you I think the proper description would be a skunk Rocking Out! :lol:

Tau2301
04-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting. I had to go into work.

TANGOMAN
04-14-2003, 03:30 PM
So it's probably safe for me to assume the meeting isn't this weekend coming up...? Ooops ! :redface:

Canadian Man
04-14-2003, 03:45 PM
So it's probably safe for me to assume the meeting isn't this weekend coming up...? Ooops ! :redface:

Good job Doug! :rolleyes: :razz: :mrgreen:

kgb
04-14-2003, 11:21 PM
tanks for the good time and the beer kari you tank is supper nice ( and those yellow scrolls seem to be a big favorite)

kari
04-16-2003, 04:16 AM
and, Thanks for the Thanks.

Yellow Scroll type frags coming right up as soon as I buy a snorkel.

Hey Doug, would you like a copy of the minutes :drinking:

Kari