PDA

View Full Version : Southdown in Calgary

Fishster
03-31-2003, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone,
I posted this on another board and was told that there may be interest here. Anyway if anyone is interested in Southdown in Calgary there is an add in the Bargain Finder for a company selling it. It was a little pricey though but still less than half the cost of carib sea.

AJ_77
03-31-2003, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone,
I posted this on another board and was told that there may be interest here. Anyway if anyone is interested in Southdown in Calgary there is an add in the Bargain Finder for a company selling it. It was a little pricey though but still less than half the cost of carib sea.

Thanks, but at their advertised price of "$30 FOR 40 LB BAG" it doesn't make a whole lot of sense when people are bringing in the branded SWC aragonite sand. Well, the bags are $25.00 each and the bags are 30 to 35lbs each.

There are a few threads in the Calgary section (where this thread might end up) dealing with this topic, as well as under Vendor Announcements (where perhaps this thread should be).

Quinn
03-31-2003, 08:05 PM
saw the post on reefcentral for it, expected it to be maybe $10 at the most. i'll stick to the SWC stuff.

Delphinus
03-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Welcome to Canreef, Fishster! :smile:

Tau2301
03-31-2003, 11:33 PM
Tough crowd... :biggrin:

Welcome...

AJ_77
04-01-2003, 01:05 AM
Tough crowd... :biggrin:
Woops, my bad... How's this then:

:BIG: Big welcome from the Mighty Morphin' Emoticons!

And the Angelic Smilies! :angel: :lilangel:

And, just in case, :new-bday:

FUN! Welcome and be wary... all these other guys and gals are real nice people who'll go out of their way to help you with reefin' stuff. So chime in, relax, get to know a few people, make a few friends, trade some frags. It's all good. Check out our website below.

Fishster
04-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

It is great to see the hobby from a Canadian perspective, I am glad I stumbled onto this site.