PDA

View Full Version : polyp take over

karazy
07-27-2008, 10:12 PM
ive heard that if you have green star polyps to keep them seperated from he other corals and to trim it every now and then because it will take over your tank. is this true

Aquattro
07-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Well, ya, kinda. They won't suddenly cover anything in the tank and move onto your furniture, but they will, over years, grow anywhere they touch. So sure, try and keep them isolated or trimmed back, but they're the same as most polyp type corals, they do require some "space management" occaisionally.

The-new-guy
07-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Well, ya, kinda. They won't suddenly cover anything in the tank and move onto your furniture, but they will, over years, grow anywhere they touch. So sure, try and keep them isolated or trimmed back, but they're the same as most polyp type corals, they do require some "space management" occaisionally.

I can just picture going to bed one night then waking up in the morning to find the couch, T.V and coffee table all covered in GSP.

DAM GSP!! :twised:

oh ya and what Aquattro said :wink:

marie
07-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Well, ya, kinda. They won't suddenly cover anything in the tank and move onto your furniture....

:rofl:

I have become complacent while reading canreefs posts and actually drink my wine while reading...and then I had to clean the keyboard before I could type this, thanks Brad :lol: