PDA

View Full Version : so how was the island tank tour?!

smokinreefer
03-30-2003, 05:55 AM
hey guys,
sorry i couldn't be there. had to work. and it was such a drag. next time i will definitely book the day off.
so how was the tour?
and please post pics!

christyf5
03-30-2003, 06:03 AM
The tour was awesome. Brad, Adam and Shane have awesome tanks. And I came home with all sorts of goodies which was the best part! :wink: Thanks guys for having us and thanks to Brad and Shane for the frags :biggrin:

Deb has pics on her camera so she'll probly post them sometime tomorrow after she gets home (and after she has a nap :razz: :mrgreen: ).

Christy :)

PS: Shao I think since you didn't come to this meeting you should have to hold the next one http://www.crazypics.de/smilies/frech059.gif

Quinn
03-30-2003, 06:58 AM
ok how on earth does deb keep ending up out there? are plane tickets super cheap right now or something? i want to go to the coast too please!

zulu_principle
03-30-2003, 07:02 AM
Yup tour was great.

Just a few observations:

Brad needs a bigger tank, only so we can all get more frags.
Adams tank is sweet, anyone thinking of a smaller sps tank 40 or so gallons should really use his as a benchmark for setup. Im thinking of using his design for a new tank at home.
Shane, well firstly he was the only one to offer us food so thanks again for that, and he has the biggest mushrooms i have ever seen and an awesome setup.

Thanks again for the hospitality.

Wendell

SuperFudge
03-30-2003, 07:52 AM
It Was great !

Thanks to all for hosting,it was good to see you guys again,and meet others.

Also,thanks Adam for laying the ground work...even if there was no dinner in there ;)

And Thank you Christy for carting us around all day. :mrgreen:

Nice set ups guys !

Jack
03-30-2003, 09:10 AM
It was so cool. Those guys have some really nice tanks. Thanks for having us guys. It was good to finnaly meet a big group from the board.

Yah, thanks for the chips shane.

I left christy, but what did you get?! :eek: :lol:

Aquattro
03-30-2003, 04:14 PM
The day went really well and it was great to see everyone again. Expected a few more people from Van....what happened guys??
Just so everyone doesn't feel too bad for Marc and Troy, they did end up getting something to eat :razz:
Thanks Adam for arranging this field trip, it was fun!!

EmilyB
03-30-2003, 08:57 PM
:biggrin: You people were all wonderful, as usual ! I enjoyed myself so much I missed the plane......... I haven't done a ferry in a long time.... :wink:

(teevee, all you need is an aerogold credit card and be in this hobby a while....you too can rack up thousands of aeromiles.... :lol:)

Again, thanks to all of you !

Here's a few pics, some have a description down below so you know whose tank and who's who...

Pics (http://www.members.shaw.ca/beans666/victoriatanktour.htm)

All that and T-Rex and Trooper too..... :mrgreen:

One_Divided
03-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out and for the kind words! I'm sorry my planning was a little last minute, but I'm freakin busy!

I realised at the end of the day, had we gone and seen another 2 tanks, we would have been pretty reefed out. I hope you guys found some good food after I left. :smile:

If anyone that didn't make the tour is interested in doing a tour some time, just send me a pm and I'm sure we can arrange something.. We're a lot closer together here in vic so it doesn't take an hour to get from one tank to the next! :biggrin:

-Adam

AJ_77
03-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the photo-tour Deb, nice pics! Hardly feels like I missed it at all. Looks like you guys had an awesome time.

Mmmm, Victoooria... land of zoooos...

A-HEM, I mean, great-looking SPS there, gentlemen! Well done!

sumpfinfishe
04-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Nice Pics Deb!
All those Tanks look great!
Sorry I couldn't make it over, had to build a second tank for a friend-as I broke the first one on Friday before the tour :sad:
Maybe Shao and I should hook up for the next trip :lol:
And Marc you still owe me a cold one :lol:

cheers, Rich