PDA

View Full Version : bubbleking

fiorano
07-23-2008, 06:26 AM
so i bought my buble king skimmer and i've had it running for probably about 3 days now and at first there was no foam it was just fizzing in the skimmer body then slowly the foam started to build and i got about 1/4 inch of skimmate in the cup now but the foam all died again and this keeps happening so am i doing something wrong possibly somehow or does it just have to get broken in somehow?????

Chin_Lee
07-23-2008, 06:30 AM
feeding your fish with oily foods such as pe mysis and even some pellets will cause the foam to die. It could also be the breaking in of the skimmer so just have patience.

Phanman
07-23-2008, 04:38 PM
make sure you water level is consistantly around the same level. That may help.
Whats your bioload? size of tank? skimmer you got? maybe overskimming? Probably not since you just got it.. but my bet would be the water level or needed adjustment of the pipe

fkshiu
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Did you run it in FW first to get rid of any production oils?

How deep do you have the skimmer in your water? - 9" is ideal.

Is the water level in your sump consistent? - varying water levels will affect the foam head.

Lastly, skimmer can take a week or more to completely break in.

fiorano
07-24-2008, 01:42 AM
well i got it all wrong i feed pe mysis i havent added the baffes in the right spot so the water level is consistent for my sump and i didn't run it in fresh water hahaha so should i just add the baffles and not feed mysis? so if i add plexiglass baffles to my glass sump what silicone can i use?????

marie
07-24-2008, 01:45 AM
I still feed mysis, It just takes about an hour for my skimmer to start skimming again.
A constant water level is a must though, maybe get an auto top off or something if you can't change the baffles

fiorano
07-24-2008, 05:21 AM
well i can do the baffles for sure so ill just do that thanks :)

chevyjaxon
07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
i feed brine and mysis but i recomend thawing it in a brine net under hot tap water atleast this works for me.:smile: