PDA

View Full Version : DAS protein skimmer

mseepman
07-22-2008, 02:23 AM
I have an opportunity to purchase a new DAS EX-2 skimmer for a really good price. I was wondering what peoples thoughts on this line of skimmers were?

There are some interesting threads over at RC and people seem to really like them, but I don't know too many Canreefers that use these.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Skimmerking
07-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I think that those little skimmers rock so much for the size of them they are pretty cool. the turbo ones I believe its the 1250S Turbo DAS are quite the skimmers. or you have the chance to get the taller ones the DAS ones are the little box that fits in the sump ready to go ....... I had a chance to get one and kicked my self in the butt for now getting it.....

mseepman
07-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the advice...the taller one you're talking about is the BX-1 I think.

Anyone else have an opinion?

mseepman
07-23-2008, 03:27 AM
bump...anyone?

LeeR
07-23-2008, 03:50 AM
looks awsome to me... but you can't judge a book by its cover.. where are you getting this skimmer from and can the person get any of the other skimmers?

mseepman
07-23-2008, 06:23 AM
Getting for a really good deal. It would actually be a skimmer I would keep for the tank I hope to have in my next house. I already have a Tunze 9015 that works good enough for my 70g. It's just almost too good a deal to pass up...just about 1/2 price, full warranty and the thing has never even seen water.