View Full Version : Heniochus @ Riverfront

Buccaneer
03-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Riverfront just got a shipment of Black & White Heniochus ... got me 3 :cool:

Cheers

Rasta

Quinn
03-29-2003, 01:29 AM
<<<<<<< as you can see, my favorite fish! :biggrin: :biggrin: can't wait to put three heniochus diphreutus into my 150 gal once it's set up. just remember, those babies can get pretty big! hope you've got the space!

Buccaneer
03-29-2003, 05:36 AM
Space is not a problem ... got 300 Gallons hehehe ... Wayne @ Riverfront says they may not eat for a couple days ? ... anyone have any experience with this ? ... they are in with a Purple Tang, Yellow Tang, Foxface, Copper Banded Butterfly, Ocelaris Clown, 4 Green Chromis and a cleaner wrasse

( for all you tang compatability note takers ... the purple and yellow tangs " school " together :) )

Cheers

Rasta

Quinn
03-29-2003, 05:53 AM
heh i was going to say something about the tangs but if you're sure, then i don't think any of us can complain. :cool:

300 gallons, nice. plenty of room then. i haven't got any personal experience yet, but from what i've read, they're not tough fish to work with, and should accept most foods fairly readily.

are these three acuminatus or diphreutus, and are they going in a reef tank? i'm assuming you realize that h. acuminatus have a terrible track record with corals?

Buccaneer
03-29-2003, 06:18 AM
hmm ... not sure on the specific type of Heni ? ... will call Wayne in the AM and find out ... if it is the bad one is there no hope ? ( I plan on getting corls next as I have all the fish I want now )

Cheers

Rasta

Quinn
03-29-2003, 06:25 AM
chances are you have h. acuminatus, they are by far the most common :frown: and although i have no experience with them, i'd say that three h. acuminatus mean you've just turned your tank into a FOWLR... J&L or your preferred LFS should be able to order h. diphreutus, which is reef-safe (according to everyone i've ever checked with). i have never been to riverside, obviously i'll have to check them out. if you're lucky they'll take yours back and get your some h. diph's. check out this url for more info: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/heniochu.htm

when my tank is ready for my trio, they'll be coming from aquarium illusions in edmonton.

Buccaneer
03-29-2003, 07:14 AM
Hey teevee ... thanks for the heads up

Heniochus acuminatus
http://www.reefimages.com/cgi-reefimages/page.cgi?list=Angels&filename=A0797.jpg

Heniochus diphreutes
http://www.reefimages.com/cgi-reefimages/page.cgi?list=Angels&filename=3900.jpg

Take a look at the anal fin and where the black stripes meet ... they are different.

Turns out that my 3 beauties are Heniochus diphreutes :biggrin:

I was real worried cause I really did not relish the idea of trying to catch them ... lucky my 12 yr old daughter thought it would be cool to take a pic of them and I used that to compare to the 2 types above.

Good luck on your tank too

Cheers

Rasta

Quinn
03-29-2003, 09:00 PM
excellent! looks like you'll be fine then. i always use the mouth as the identifier, it's way smaller and the entire face is pushed in on h. diphreutus.

newgeek
03-29-2003, 10:05 PM
How much were they?

Buccaneer
03-30-2003, 05:00 AM
How much were they?

They were $54.99 + 30% off ! = $38.49 each

They were all over the mysis shrimp today :cool:

Cheers

Rasta

Quinn
03-30-2003, 05:05 AM
post pics if you can!

Buccaneer
03-30-2003, 05:31 AM
post pics if you can!

How do I do that ?

Cheers

Rasta

Quinn
03-30-2003, 06:56 AM
you've got to have webspace somewhere to put them. if you don't have webspace, it's probably not worth the hassle at this point in time. you take visitors at your house? :biggrin:

Buccaneer
04-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey teevee ... we do take visitors hehehe ... not much to see at this point tho cause I had to move everybody to a qt tank ( 55 G ) ... serves me right for not doing that in the first place ... only 37 days left :frown:

Cheers

Quinn
04-07-2003, 11:21 PM
will you be coming to the meeting next saturday? if you're not too far south (not sure if i'm heading that way) i'd like to drop by and take a look at the fish, regardless of where you have them right now.

Buccaneer
04-07-2003, 11:24 PM
I will be working ( 1 pm was'nt it ? ) ... I'm in Douglasdale ... just a little further on down the road LOL

Cheers

Bob I
04-07-2003, 11:41 PM
I will be working ( 1 pm was'nt it ? ) ... I'm in Douglasdale ... just a little further on down the road LOL

Cheers

Just a hop, skip, and jump for an adventurer like Quinn. :multi: :splat: :silly: