PDA

View Full Version : Divorce Sale - Whole System Must Go!

ronricco
07-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Have I got a deal for some lucky person. 100 gallon tank with a 35 gallon sump stocked and up and running for only $400 OBO. Here's the catch, I need to sell this tank fast as the apartment is going up for sale and I need it out. So who ever takes it needs to take it all and fast - hopefully by this weekend.

Here's the general details as there is too much to list:

DYI pine stand and top
Tank measures 5.5' long, 2' high and 1' deep
2 x 400w MH plus VHO lighting
Tunze water top up
AquaController JR
2" sand bed
Lots of live rock (about 75 pounds)
Mostly soft coral and Zoos
Skimmer
Auto Feeder
Lots of cooling fans
Bucket of salt
3 power heads
natural wave timer
tap water filter
water testers
plus more . . .

I'm returning the livestock to the store tomorrow so If you want them too let me know soon - see pictures below.

I can help you take the system down and load it but you have to pick it up.

No parting out - at this price just take it all and use what you need!

Pictures:
http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/ron_ricco/IMG_2341.jpg
http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/ron_ricco/IMG_2344.jpg
http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/ron_ricco/IMG_2347.jpg

TheRealBigAL
07-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Wow that is a GREAT DEAL my buddy is lookin for somthing like this I will let him know.

Carmen
07-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh how I wish you were in Calgary:mrgreen:.

purplepolypeater
07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
pm

fencer
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Who ever gets this GREAT DEAL I want to talk to you about the Aquacontroller...PM me

Whatigot
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
pm'd.
I can take it anytime tomorrow, got a couple buddies ined up and a truck.
cheers.

ronricco
07-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Pending Sale

Whatigot
07-18-2008, 03:40 PM
sweet.
Thanks and see you tomorrow.

SEAN DUFFY
07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
sweet dude sweet all the deals are in b.c.

banditpowdercoat
07-18-2008, 03:56 PM
sweet dude sweet all the deals are in b.c.

On the contrary, found mroe deals in cgy than here LOL

The-new-guy
07-18-2008, 04:07 PM
one word WOW! great deal.

:wink:

Green Phantom
07-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Great deal!!! Wished I'd checked this forum at 1am today...

jeff690
07-21-2008, 12:26 AM
it sure seems like thats all anyone on this site wants is someone desperate enough to sell their stuff for next to nothing

tgoeujon
07-21-2008, 01:34 AM
if youve still got it i will take it

Black Phantom
07-21-2008, 03:02 AM
it sure seems like thats all anyone on this site wants is someone desperate enough to sell their stuff for next to nothing

Ya, it's a shame sometimes because everyone of us will drop a ton online or at the local LFS, but as soon as it's posted here we all want the huge deal.
Not that it's always a bad thing but I feel bad for the people that have to sell everything and just want to recoup some of their investment.

dsaundry
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Hate to say this but unless its real estate and a few other options, you lose at whatever you buy+sell. You dont feel sorry for the people that buy a brand new car and sell it a few years later for thousands less. I am sorry someone has to go through a divorce but from someone who has been there/done that, well thats what happens....as for fish/aquarium things, again other than a few exceptions its done for the love of doing it, not for making money..unless we are all turning into LFS's...:biggrin:
Good luck with your sale and I hope all works out for you in the long run...
Its a battle at times but it does get better...

Whatigot
07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
this hobby is not an investment, it is an expenditure.
I feel bad for the people who think their equipment is still worth as much 2 years later as it was when they bought it shiny and new.
there should be an aquarium equipment blue book....

jeff690
07-22-2008, 06:50 PM
I agree that this is a hobby not anything to make money on. but how would you feel if you bought a brand new car this year and someone offered you 30% or less of what you paid for it 1 year later. you would be insulted wouldnt you? thats what I see happening alot around here everyone wants a bargain at someone else's expense. I'm not trying to stir up anything or name anyone in particular I am just putting in my two cents

Whatigot
07-22-2008, 08:20 PM
I think of people didn't want a bargain, this site and others like it would suffer.
If you're not getting a bargain, why buy used at all?

You shouldn't buy things like cars if you can't handle the value depreciating 30% the second your front wheels leave the dealership IMO.

This was a great deal and I had to convince 2 of my friends to not only lend me their truck, but wake up at 7 am on a saturday and drive out to false creek from Coquitlam and take it all down, nothing was cleaned, nothing was ready and we did all of the heavy lifting so in addiditon to the 400, there was a lot of value in the leg work involved.
I think that not every sale is the same, so you can't mak these kinds of judgement calls unless you're in a transaction yourself and know what is really being exchanged.