PDA

View Full Version : Fish Lifespan Polls

Der_Iron_Chef
07-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm just wondering if there's an easy way to summarize, in a single posting, the current, to-date lifespan information on the fish (or the more popular ones, anyway). I just got to thinking, as I was looking at the poll results for the Powder Blue Tang, and the mortality rate was a little staggering. Perhaps if someone could browse through a single thread for this information, it would help to make better purchasing decisions?

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Or maybe I just like to create work for the mods.

:D

christyf5
07-17-2008, 05:11 PM
I'd say a little from column a, a little from column b :razz:

Perhaps thats a project you'd like to undertake? :wink:

Der_Iron_Chef
07-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I'd say a little from column a, a little from column b :razz:

Perhaps thats a project you'd like to undertake? :wink:

Ooh, perhaps. I do like to find new and exciting ways to waste my own time!

christyf5
07-17-2008, 07:29 PM
:rofl:

Delphinus
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Forgive my density but I'm not sure I understand? You mean a single post or thread (or page) that shows the results from each poll in like a summary format?

That would be an interesting project. I don't know if there's a way to do that though. If we had access to the datafiles one could try writing some software to parse it out and display it in some viewer. If only some kind of software developer could have such access to the backend...

Der_Iron_Chef
07-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, hmmmm. I wonder where we could find a software developer....*ahem*

Delphinus
07-17-2008, 10:51 PM
:lol: I actually don't have low-level access though. I was actually being serious when I said "if only a software developer had access to the back-end!" I only have access to magical invisible buttons on the front-end.

Der_Iron_Chef
07-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh :) Okay...lol.