PDA

View Full Version : Enchelychore genus - Dragon Morays

Quinn
03-28-2003, 02:14 PM
poking around on wet web media, doing a little reading on morays. these specific animals are particularly intriguing. i'm wondering if anyone has ever seen these in an LFS? better yet, has anyone ever had one? wwm suggests they are a good choice if you can afford them (yes, i believe everything bob fenner says). :biggrin:

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/students/focus/gymnodragon.htm

UnderWorldAquatics
03-28-2003, 07:43 PM
they are very nice to have, a had one for a few months a few years ago, didnt want to sell it but the offer was too good to pass up. Ill probably get one again as it has been my favorite eel so far.

Quinn
03-28-2003, 08:31 PM
read a bit more on them and apparently they're not a good idea for a tank that might contain any smaller fish, as mine will, so i think i'll have to pass. maybe someday i can set up a FOWLR tank, as i'd really like to get into triggers (the personality of those fish astounds me).

BCOrchidGuy
03-29-2003, 02:36 AM
Can't say I blame you for wanting one, WOW that is an amazing looking eel.... wow

Van down by the river
05-04-2003, 10:36 AM
When you are ready for one teevee, let me know.

Fishster
05-04-2003, 06:10 PM
I once saw a Hawaiian Dragon Moray at a wholesaler for $1800 :eek: , but it was absolutely beautiful. They are not all this expensive luckily but still pricey.