PDA

View Full Version : Ricordia

lorenz0
07-16-2008, 04:21 AM
is there anyway I can seperate one from a rock that it is on???

hillbillyreefer
07-16-2008, 04:37 AM
You should just be able to cut it off the rock and remount it. Remounting it is the tricky part. If your lucky the foot on the rock will regrow into another one.

fishytime
07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
And actually re-mounting isnt that hard either. I use wedding veil material over the mushroom and rock that you want it on. The material is dense enough to keep the mushroom down and at the same time allows sufficient light and flow to the polyp. Leave it for a couple weeks to make sure it has attached.

Oscar
07-16-2008, 03:37 PM
And actually re-mounting isnt that hard either. I use wedding veil material over the mushroom and rock that you want it on. The material is dense enough to keep the mushroom down and at the same time allows sufficient light and flow to the polyp. Leave it for a couple weeks to make sure it has attached.

I have had twice tried to attach my first mushroom and both times it has eventually floated off of the small rock fragment it had been glued to. The wedding veil trick sounds doable.

hillbillyreefer
07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
There is another trick that works fairly well. I took a piece of 4" diameter by 2" tall pipe and glued screen onto the bottom of it. Covered the bottom of the pipe with oyster shells and put the rics in. Placed the pipe in a low flow area and let them attach to the oyster shells. Then they are easy to glue wherever you want. It takes a couple weeks for them to attach to the oyster shells.

Chowder
07-16-2008, 08:04 PM
To get it off the rock use a chisel. Make sure you are romoving the ric on a piece of rock. That way it is still attached to the piece of rock and you can glue it right away.