PDA

View Full Version : 1-yr old, Euro-Reef RC80 protein skimmer for sale.

dj_phillyphil
07-10-2008, 01:22 AM
I have upgraded my system to a larger size, so my skimmer is not nearly enough. So looking to sell this one in order to get a new skimmer.

I have the Euro-Reef RC80, with old (KBI, not Spears) unions, and updated Euro-Lock style cup removal (no lift! it slides off the base without needing a clearance above the cup.)

Model: RC80 (RECIRCULATING, External or Internal)
Photo: http://commerce03.i2net.com/able55new/stores/111/images/RC80-1-med.jpg (very close to the photo, minor difference in the spigots in the skimmer, mine are straight not curved)
Suggested system size: 80G+
Footprint/ Space Required In Sump: 6" x 16"
Height: 22"
Diameter: 5"
Pump: 1 x Euro-Reef Skimmer Pump Model SP2 (modified Sedra KSP3500)
Power Consumption w/Air: 28watts
Air Intake: 500 lph
Inlet Size: .5"
Outlet Size: 1.00"

Retail price: $558 plus taxes
My asking price: $450 cash or Paypal
My location: Coquitlam, B.C.

Notes:
-It has a new impeller (been in use since July 1, 2008)
-can be run in the sump (I currently run it in sump) or externally too, since it needs a separate feed pump (see below)
-needs a Maxijet 400 or 600 power head (or similar, with 1/2'' output) for input of water into the skimmer, which I will include a valve and 1/2'' tubing for that purpose (you just need to get the maxi-jet) --> it is suggested an input of 1 or 1.5 times the volume of your system, i.e. 100G system needs an input of 100-150 gallons per hour into the skimmer
-the SP2 pump inner housing (where it holds the impeller magnet) is slightly scratched, with a little bit of grooves. This has not caused any problems for me at all in creating skimmate, it still works perfectly fine, and easily replaceable (either from Euro-reef or just purchasing a Sedra KSP3500 from your LFS). This damage is not covered under warranty though, I asked.

I live in Coquitlam, B.C., but I am willing to meet anywhere in the lower mainland. Meeting halfway is my preference (or even at J&L aquatics where I work).

If you want it shipped, you are responsible for the whole shipping price.
I would expect something like $50 for it to be shipped within Canada.
Plus, I work at J&L aquatics, so if you make an order from them, I may be able to talk to them about including the shipping of the skimmer with your order, if management is okay with it. But you are responsible for any increase in shipping price, if that is your option.

Any questions or offers, just message me, or visit me on Tuesdays at J&L Aquatics, where I work.

-Phil