PDA

View Full Version : RO water from IGA in Edmonton

mark
03-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Anyone using or know the chemistry of the RO water from IGA? Not ready to spring for my own unit and the cyano getting to be a pain.

MP

golden69_ca
03-27-2003, 04:09 AM
i work on the water machines for the superstores in vancouver . i know whats in the system not to slag IGA , but i used the superstores water up untill i build my own ro system . if any one whants an ro system for a killer price pm me.

Beverly
03-27-2003, 09:54 PM
Anyone using or know the chemistry of the RO water from IGA? Not ready to spring for my own unit and the cyano getting to be a pain.

MP

We used the RO water from Safeway in our 7 gal bowfront for 6 months until we installed our old RO unit from our previous house. There are three types of bottled water at Safeway. One is Spring water, one is RO and the other I can't remember what it was. To make sure I was getting the right kind of water, I carefully read the sign that told what the bottle cap colours meant. I don't know what's in Spring water, it might be okay, but I always chose the RO water.

The Champion Food store just around the corner from us has bottled water too. But there isn't a way to tell what kind of water is actually in it, so we just kept buying Safeway RO water, just to be on the safe side. If IGA's water is truly RO water and not labeled something else, it should be okay, imo.