PDA

View Full Version : sad day

reefjunkie73
07-08-2008, 06:30 PM
it has been a very sad mornin at my house,i returned last night from an amazing 4 days of salmom fishing in campbell river,leaving my wife in charge of my 5 tanks,with her never have even fed my fish before i was very reluctant but i went,i called her several times while i was gone just to make sure everything was ok.well i returned last night and everything looked great all fish/corals looked as healthy as when i had left,so i thanked and praised my wife.but i woke up this mornin to find all my fish dead, 14 amazing fish went down the toilet to fish heaven.no idea what went so horribly wrong.so needless to say my next post will b a list of everything for sale including 400pounds of beutiful live rock

untamed
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
That's terrible! Do you have any idea of what happened? Is there something that your wife isn't telling you?

reefjunkie73
07-08-2008, 06:39 PM
no idea i checked my water right before i left all parameters were perfect last week i was really battling with temperature so i went out and bought an ac unit witch helped out bigtime.this mornin i checked water and nitrates were threw the roof not sure if that is just because of all the fish loss

fencer
07-08-2008, 06:50 PM
sounds like a temp spike or toxin release to nuke all those fish at once are the corals okay

fishoholic
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM
How horrible! Sorry to hear that :sad:

bassman
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
How horrible! Sorry to hear that :sad:

Ditto!!

Der_Iron_Chef
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this :s Are your corals surviving? It seems very strange...

dsaundry
07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Da*n shame, I lost about 22 fw angel one time and water tested fine. All looked healthy and bellies full...it sux big time...sorry for your loss...:sad:

michika
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Sorry for your loss, I hope you sort it all out.

Delphinus
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Very sorry! I have been through a couple "total fish loss events" and I came close to saying "I'm done for good this time!!" each time. We feel your pain!! Good luck sorting it all out.

Are the 5 tanks plumbed together? Or did the fish from 5 separate systems die? Because if so I would have to say that is EXTREMELY odd.

BC Mosaic
07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
What a bleeping bummer. Feel for ya.

Lance
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
That really SUCKS! I'm so sorry.

andestang
07-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Sorry, how crappy :( . Hope you figure out what happened and try to carry on. As Tony said I've also went to pack it in a few times, but you'll find lots of support here.

Myka
07-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Are the 5 tanks plumbed together? Or did the fish from 5 separate systems die? Because if so I would have to say that is EXTREMELY odd.

Ya, what he said! Sorry to hear about the fishies... :( Don't toss in the towel though.

Scythanith
07-09-2008, 04:44 AM
If the systems aren't tied together I'd have to guess it would have been a common factor to cause all of them to die, i.e. heat, or food source.

Heat is easy to understand. The food source could have been contaminated OR the hands of those who fed could have had something on them that cause all the death. Aside from that it could have been a scrub pad or some implement shared between all the tanks.

Sorry for your loss, that's all that really matters!

The-new-guy
07-09-2008, 04:55 AM
I Feel for ya, it sucks to go away, have a great time, and then come back to that.

:sad:

bv_reefer
07-09-2008, 05:26 AM
geeze that really sucks, sorry for you're loss, are all of these tanks or at least a few plumbed together?

SATELLITE
07-09-2008, 06:08 AM
sorry for the loss. i know how it feels. my g/f turned off one of the power heads and lost 6 fish, a few i had for a 1 year, when i just started sw. but she felt bad and we went out and picked up a bunch of new ones. don't get out of the hobby, it sucks what happens but its also a good time to get something new that you couldn't have before and thats what i did..

REDNECK_REEFER
07-13-2008, 06:29 PM
hey man, just wanted to say that sux, but think about what you're trying to do. every reef tank is another way of saving a few of our endangered reef species. If all your fish died that sux but obviousy you were doing the best you could. Don't give up man, you've come to far. I'm pretty sure that almost all avid reefers have had their tanks crash or fish die. It's no reason to give it up. hang in ther dude we hope to hear from you soon!!:mrgreen: