PDA

View Full Version : all 120 gallon owners 4x2x2

blaster
07-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I was curious on how everyone has there powerheads set up and what make they were using.I keep getting dead spots in the back between the overflows.

Chin_Lee
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Josh, i helped set up a friend's tank and placed a big seio right in the middle pointing straight down between the two overflows. I would also point the powerheads in each corners point down so it will blow all the detritus out from under the rocks, and up the front glass and hopefully as much as possible into the overflows. At the very least it pushes the heavy detritus to the front where its readily available to be siphoned during water changes.
Of course this only applies on barebottom tanks. I think we had this discussion before when you were over and you are not a fan of BB tanks so this may not apply for you.

i have crabs
07-05-2008, 04:49 PM
i have a center overflow with a vortech on each side on the back wall pointing straight,and a return from the sump pointing from the center to each front corner

atcguy
07-05-2008, 05:09 PM
2 tunze 6060 in the corners pointed toward opposite corner.. Wavebox front corner looking down the tank lengthwise, a hydora at the bottom back pointed forward,. was getting a small algae buidup at one time.. all is good.. WAVEBOX is the best thing I ever bought.