PDA

View Full Version : Coralife salt

StirCrazy
02-27-2002, 09:04 PM
well I was wondering if it is any good?

Steve

Troy F
02-27-2002, 09:30 PM
Steve, there was a test done by the AF people going back about two years and if memory serves me Coralife had enough lithium in it to knock down a blue whale. It was probably the least favourable of the synthetic salts, based on comparison to NSW.

Aquattro
02-27-2002, 10:02 PM
Steve, Coralife salt is great!!! I used some last year on my steps and it melted ALL the ice. If it snows again this year, I'll buy some more. I highly recommend it. Just don't put it in your tank!! images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

titus
02-27-2002, 10:06 PM
Hello,

Back in the days when I didn't know better, I bought a bucket of Coralife salt. Turns out that my livestock were okay. There was once when I used Red Sea, however, my clam just completely melted away in less than 12 hours. Gone!

StirCrazy
02-28-2002, 12:43 AM
ok forget coralife than LOL..

Steve

Seaquest
02-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Hi

Do you know what you want in your tanks chemistry. each brand of salt gives a descriptive level of contents. you should look at all the brands and judge for your self. I personally can't stand any product Caralife makes, they were a good company back in the early 80's but now they turn out low quality products. Stay away from there fluorecent tubes they are the worst bulbs on the market, but the packageing is nice.