PDA

View Full Version : Timer options

DanG
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
I added a 3rd set of lights to my tank, and rather than using all my power space for timers, I've been looking for a powerbar that has timers integrated. The only ones I've found are the Coralife ones, and even then, they only have timer spots for 2 plugs. Are they still at risk of causing fires?

Am I screwed and either need 2 of the Coralife ones, or am I better off looking at a cheap controller? I don't need a controller, but the added ability to work as a temperature controller and pH monitor as well wouldn't hurt.

I don't have a problem spending $300 ish on a controller, I know it will last and provide more functionality than just a couple of powerbars.

I know that several controllers will also work somewhat as a wavemaker, but I'm planning on getting a vortech with the wavemaker at the same time.

spreerider
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
i ahve seen some at canadian tire for christmas lights, you could also plug a powerbar into your timmer and it would then turn on all the lights at the same time that are plugged into the powerbar.

fencer
07-02-2008, 11:49 PM
The ones at CDNtire are made by the same guys who make the coralife ones. The only difference is there are no night and day plugs. Just a bank of 4 plugs that operate on the timer and other bank of 4 that operate all the time

DanG
07-03-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm looking into something that will turn them on in 15 or 30 minute intervals.

I guess 3 timers is just the way to go.

mark
07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
If going three timers, these might save you some space, they are low wattage though (625W resistive, 250w tungsten). Got them fr Cdn Tire for the tree last Christmas so I don't have much history on them.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/das75/timer.jpg

DanG
07-03-2008, 01:04 AM
F it, I can't take the money with me. Added the Neptune JR controller to my order for $270.