PDA

View Full Version : Got Colt??

getoutofmyway
03-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Anyone got a colt they would like to frag and want to sell a piece i am interested!!

Trevor Robertson
03-26-2003, 01:00 AM
I would also be interested in a colt frag, I would like to get it in the next 1-2 weeks.

Thanks

Bob I
03-26-2003, 01:32 AM
I have a couple of pieces of what Big Al's call White Colt. It is slow growing, and looks like reddish brown cauliflower. It is more encrusting than the usual Colt. I am in Calgary unfortunately for you, but fortunately for me. :rolleyes: :cool:

Dez
03-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Aquarium Illusions sells frags of their colt coral....Come and check it out, pricing depends on the size, come talk to me, I'm there full time.

Des

Trevor Robertson
03-31-2003, 02:10 AM
Hi Des;

I sure will I am looking for some in the next few weeks. I don't konw if I have met you but I purchased 100lbs of your branch rock a few weeks ago. Great service at your store.

See you soon.

getoutofmyway
03-31-2003, 06:42 PM
I did buy some colt from AI and was not happy, got it home and tried to attach it to a small piece of rock but it was so small that I had a tuff time attaching it to anything and then one night it dissapeard into my tank never to be found again for $34.00 I dont think that I will buy there again!!

Beverly
03-31-2003, 09:59 PM
I did buy some colt from AI and was not happy, got it home and tried to attach it to a small piece of rock but it was so small that I had a tuff time attaching it to anything and then one night it dissapeard into my tank never to be found again

Did you use an elastic to attach it? That would work, especially if you put it in a low water flow area in the reef. JMHO, though.

PFisher
04-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Colt Coral is one of the more difficult corals to get to attach. From what I have read, can't back this up with experience yet, one of the better ways to attach a colt is to skewer it with a toothpick and attach the toothpick to the rock with rubber bands on both ends. The bands must be fairly loose so as not to cut through, but tight enough to keep it in place.

Another method involves putting bridal veil around the coral and loosely banding that to the rock.

Again, I can't back this up with experience yet this is just my opinion based on what I have read, so please take it as such.

Patrick

Bob I
04-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Colt Coral is one of the more difficult corals to get to attach. From what I have read, can't back this up with experience yet, one of the better ways to attach a colt is to skewer it with a toothpick and attach the toothpick to the rock with rubber bands on both ends. The bands must be fairly loose so as not to cut through, but tight enough to keep it in place.

Another method involves putting bridal veil around the coral and loosely banding that to the rock.

Again, I can't back this up with experience yet this is just my opinion based on what I have read, so please take it as such.

Patrick

Difficult seems to be a misnomer. I have been trying with two pieces for six months. I tried all the mentioned ways, but they did not work. I finally used small Tupperware type containers. I put the frag in, and surround it with rubble. Sometimes you have to almost cover it with rubble. Then put it into a low flow area of the tank, and wait for a month or so. I had one attach this way, but I am still waiting for the second. It looks like it might be close. :cool: