PDA

View Full Version : Vernon

Bugsy
06-30-2008, 03:14 AM
Hello all, ant reefers from Vernon here??

:biggrin:

mseepman
06-30-2008, 04:35 AM
You know I am...there are a few of us that get together regaring our tanks. There are a lot of Vernon reefers, but only about 7 or 8 on here.

Bugsy
06-30-2008, 05:10 AM
Hi, yes I know you are. You said that you were going to setup a nano tank. Do you know if any of the other Vernonits have any very tiny frags for sale??

:biggrin:

brizzo
06-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Does Winfield count? :twised:

Bugsy
07-01-2008, 03:21 AM
sure it does.....:biggrin:

Gools
07-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi Amy

I don't get on here very much, due to 2 little balls on energy that never give me a chance to play with my tank.

I don't have any frags as of eyt, but will let you know if anything comes up that's small.

Later.
Nigel

Ash3r
07-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Im from winfield as well ;)

Bugsy
07-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Nice to see all the locals around that have saltwater. I just sold everything I had in my nano due to high cost of everything for upgrading and lack of interest a touch in this hobby.

I did keep my 1 gal pico going and you never know if the interest sparks me again. Wish I would have found this site sooner. Maybe I would have kept it going and did some major trading. Oh well I got a good dollar for my stuff, friends bought it off me.

Is there an actual club where you all attend meetings and such??

Amy:biggrin:

mseepman
07-02-2008, 04:57 AM
No actual club, although some cities do reefmeets for trading and conversation. Some places even do reef tours so multiple houses are visited to see their tanks.

In the Okanagan, the closest thing I've seen so far has been a frag swap.

Mikee
07-02-2008, 06:11 AM
I am from Vernon too! I am 19 and currently have a 90g mixed reef.. slowly turning into a more SPS dominated.. plan on upgrading to a 180g (48x36x24) this fall/winter.

brizzo
07-02-2008, 06:49 AM
I vote someone get organized and create an okanagan reefing club!! (and don't vote me! :P)

mseepman
07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Mikee, glad to see yet another Vernon Reefer. If I may ask, how are you getting your SPS corals? Vernon isn't exactly a great place to find SPS. I've ordered from Coral Master (Snappy) and his frags were awesome if you are looking for more.

Ash3r
07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
well if your looking to sell your 90 gallon later on keep me in mind lol!
We do need more of SW/FW group here! It would be nice. There is one for sure in kelowna for FW but not salt... I think. Ill get back to you with it :)

LeeR
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
hey mikee what school did you go too? im a kal kid... i don't live in vernon anymore though

Bugsy
07-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I vote someone get organized and create an okanagan reefing club!! (and don't vote me! :P)

Awe come on nazerine, I think you would be a great organizer for this...:wink:

One thing we all could do from Vernon and surrounding area is pick a date that is good with everyone and a place to meet and just use this first meet as a get to know one another and talk aquariums, fish etc and then maybe as time goes on we could setup a frag swap or sale for all those that would like to do so.

Myka
07-04-2008, 02:02 AM
^ We should do that, but it should be a frag swap too. I mean, why not??? ;)

Ripwoop
07-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Hey there, I'm from Armstrong.. what type of frags are you looking for ? sps, zoa's...ect i might have some for ya. or i can do a little frag for ya.

Bugsy
07-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Oh that would be very nice of you to do that. I am looking for a very very small frag of zoos.

Can you post a pic of the zoos you have??

Keep in mind that I have a very very small ocean LOL

It is 1 gal in size so I would love to add a nice colorful small frag of zoos.

I recently downgraded from a 10 gal, long story but wanted to keep my small frag of green star polyps, feather duster, and my million dollar dime size yuma ricordia...:wink:

If you don't have pictures and have names that would be great. You can PM me and tell me what you would charge for a very small frag of buttons.

Ripwoop
07-12-2008, 02:17 AM
How are the frags doing? All open and nice?

Bugsy
07-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Frags are doing well. One of them came off the plug but I reglued it back on. The green/orange are bigger than the red/pink but in time they too will catch up.

My neon green ones I was telling you about that were not opening are now open. It sure took a long time for them to open after the lfs glued them for me. I kind of think that she might have either got glue on them and also she handled them quite rough when putting them onto this rock.

But now I have 3 different kinds in my "huge ocean" and as they mature and grow should look pretty neat.

Thanks again for doing those for me, very much appreciated......:wink:

Mikee
07-30-2008, 01:23 AM
mseepman - i get all my SPS from Snappy. He is the closest i have found with the most variety and healthiest. For fish aswell as other corals (zoanthids, mushrooms, rics etc..) usually J&L and from stores in Ontario.