PDA

View Full Version : Small power head for 10g nano?

matthewpunger
06-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi there,
I was just wondering what people's opinions are about putting a small powerhead in a 10g nano. I just have a HOB filter that runs at about 100gph and was thinking that I could have a small PH on the other side of the tank where the current is lacking.

any opinions?

thanks

spreerider
06-26-2008, 12:50 AM
i cant see why not, more flow is better... as long as the water stays in the tank still.

JDigital
06-26-2008, 12:50 AM
a Fluval 1? Koralia Nano?

mseepman
06-26-2008, 01:12 AM
I have a couple Nano's...they are pretty cool and have a tiny footprint

matthewpunger
06-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks, that seems to be the word. Would coral respond better with more flow in the tank?

would the koralia be the best one? what other kinds of powerheads are there?

thanks!

Der_Iron_Chef
06-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Thanks, that seems to be the word. Would coral respond better with more flow in the tank?

would the koralia be the best one? what other kinds of powerheads are there?

thanks!

It depends what kinds of coral you're planning on keeping. Some prefer high flow, some prefer very little flow. What's your plan?

I love the Koralias myself. I'd go for the nano.

matthewpunger
06-26-2008, 01:34 AM
right now I'm keeping zoos, palys, xenia, torch coral, and different mushrooms. Presently I'm just concerned with keeping my zoos alive I had about 20watts of lights on the tank till just today when i recieved a 70w metal halide.

I've seen the koralias, they seem to be a good choice. how about the aquaclear 30/130's?

thanks!

bignose
06-26-2008, 02:42 AM
I run a aquaclear 30 and a koralia nano in my 10 gal nano. It has good flow in the tank and my zoos don't seem to mind.

lorenz0
06-26-2008, 03:35 AM
I am running a koralia 1 in my 20 tall (just a tad bigger than a standerd 10 but taller) and its alot of flow. If you only planning on keep zoa's and mushrooms it would be perfect. I am almost thinking of switching to one because I am producing to much flow in alot of spots to keep mushrooms and zoa's and they just aren't responding well to it. the green star polyps and the hammer coral love the higher flow.

but yes a nano would be perfect

matthewpunger
06-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Thanks all for the responses, it seems like the koralia is the prefered option for people. I have also seen what i believe are the Rios, that people have modified to create more flow. Does anybody know anything about this, or have experience with these?