PDA

View Full Version : 90 Gallon Cube system with livestock in Burnaby

fmelindy
06-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Selling my 30X30X24 cube tank with all hardware and livestock. Relocating to the other side of the country forces sale. Breaks my heart because it's pretty much my dream tank but I can't take it with me so here ya go. Would love to sell as a system so I'll list as such and will add pics tomorrow. But will probably end up parting out unless someone makes the splurge. Pretty high-end equipment on this one, folks. No low ballers please but open to any reasonable offer. If I have to part out, all livestock will have to go first along with the live rock.

1. 90ish gallon cube tank 30X30X24. Bottom drilled in two places. Free standing overflow at present in the rear right corner is dead silent and in my living room.

2. Matching stand for the tank. Is a homebrew solution but turned out quite nice and quite functional and up to the task. Again, will add pics tomorrow. No canopy, due to current pendant setup.

3. Sifiligoi Infinity XR4 pendant. 250 watt metal halide has Geisemann 14.5 K hqi bulb around 5 months old right now. Also 4 24Watt T5's actinics with around 6 months on them. Oh yeah, did i mention it has the ACLS dimmable ballast system?!?

4. Deltec AP-701 recirculating skimmer, gravity fed from the overflow. A bit of overkill for skimming this size tank, will never let you down!

5. Custom 3/8" acrylic sump made by Superfudge (thanks man, was a superb job) with bubble tower, 3 baffles, and large skimmer compartment. Anyone familiar with his work can attest to the quality and beefiness of construction. Probably around 40 gallons, just fits snugly into the stand.

6. Neptune Aquacontroller Jr. Comes with DC8 and temp probe. Ph probe included but needs to be replaced as is probably at the end of its useful life (I've been using it for over 2 years on this and another setup).

7. Coralife calcium reactor and CO2 setup. Never had any problems with it, works great as long as is fed by a peristaltic pump (aqualifter included). Monitored by the aquacontroller, has always kept my Calcium, magnesium and and alkalinity rock solid. 10 lb CO2 canister and milwaukee solenoid, regulator, needle valve and bubble counter. Reliable little CO2 setup.

8. 2 Koralia 4 powerheads. Around 9 months old, working well, no mods and no issues.

9. Eheim 1260 return pump. Perfectly sized for this size sump, in my opinion. Very reliable pump, no issues. Very quiet.

10. 2 Tunze 6055 nanostream powerheads with single controller. Great flow, small form-factor, comes with light sensor for calm nights.

So that's it for the equipment. Now for the livestock:

1. Transition Blueface angelfish, a beauty and a model citizen so far. 4"
2. Flame Angel, around 3"
3. Yellow tang, around 3"
4. Sailfin Tang, around 3"
5. 2 Tomato clowns, 1-2"
6. Ocellaris clown, around 1.5"
7. Yellow wrasse, around 3"
8. Black leopard wrasse, around 3"
9. Male anthias squamipinnis, around 3"
10. Dottyback, not quite sure of species, never saw it for sale before, 3"
11. Randall's shrimp goby with tiger pistol
12. Blue/regal tang, around 2"
13. Fairy wrasse, around 2" , not sure of species, bright red streak on back

And the inverts:

1. Several turbo snails and an abalone
2. Sea hare that came as a hitch-hiker on the liverock now around 2"
3. tiger tail cucumber, getting large now
4. 1 cleaner shrimp, was 4 but the dottyback has been busy!
5. Red coco worm, is perhaps a little less healthy than when I bought it
6. 2 crocea clams, around 3-4" each
7. 1 maxima clam was listed as "ultra" when purchased, around 2.5"
8. Large favia colony, purple with green centers, really nice
9. Large red goniopora colony
10. Large and thriving pipe organ
11. 2 photosynthetic gorgonians, one still a small frag, the other a large colony
12. 2 zoanthid colonies
13. green and blue mushrooms
14. green sinularia
15. small colony of torch coral, around 8 heads?
16. beautiful australian acanthastrea, around 6" across or more.
17. 1 gold barrel tunicate
18. Around 100 lbs of beautifully coraline encrusted mostly vanuatu or tonga rock, almost entirely purple now!

If i think of any more I'll update. I'll post pics tomorrow or when I get the chance. I'd love to sell as a package and am open to offers, will probably end up parting out if no offers on the whole deal in the first week or so. I'm not leaving until August so I'm not in a huge hurry but the sooner it's all gone, the less I have to worry about getting closer to moving time, I guess!

So what about the price on all this? Man, that's the hard part.... I'm definitely open to offers but I'm going to start the asking at $5K.

fmelindy
06-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Forgot to add:

Blue-spotted Rabbit Fish, around 4"
Blue Linckia starfish
Marbled fromia starfish

Hopefully will get pics up later today...

fmelindy
06-23-2008, 07:50 PM
oh yeah, also have an aquamedic kalkwasser stirrer and 2 phosban reactors (one for carbon, one for phosban) with included maxijet for running the two in series. ORP monitor as well (needs probe replaced.)

hockey nut
06-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Pm'd

fkshiu
06-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow, some really nice stuff you've got in there. I wish I didn't have to eat or have a roof over my head. :)

fmelindy
06-23-2008, 10:11 PM
And now for some pics of the system:

fmelindy
06-23-2008, 10:14 PM
wish I could figure out how to put more photos on here, it tells me I've exceeded my quota already! how does one post multiple images?

BC Mosaic
06-23-2008, 10:48 PM
wish I could figure out how to put more photos on here, it tells me I've exceeded my quota already! how does one post multiple images?

Upload your photos (full size)
Then when you post you click on copy "IMG Code" in Photobucket and then paste into your post.
Done.:biggrin:
HTH

fmelindy
06-23-2008, 11:58 PM
thanks, didn't know that! Here's a couple of other images.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/fmelindy/aquarium004a.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/fmelindy/aquarium003a.jpg

Chaloupa
06-24-2008, 02:14 AM
what a beautiful tank!

fmelindy
06-24-2008, 02:51 AM
thanks! wanna buy it??? :mrgreen:

Chaloupa
06-24-2008, 02:58 AM
ha ha ha...would love to as this is a gorgeous system...but I am at my max for tanks...with 5 of my own and 1 of my Moms that I maintain...that's plenty!

reeferious
06-24-2008, 03:35 AM
breaks my heart to see such gorgeous setup and tank being parted out. but if you do pls quote me for 1 crocea, a maxima, aussie acan and possibly favia too. might be interested in the calcium reactor setup.

justinl
06-24-2008, 04:15 AM
If you decide to part out I would be interested in the yellow wrasse, and a few corals depending on price. the favia, zoos, acan, sinularia and pipe organ in particular.

fmelindy
06-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Still available as a full setup.... will be posting as a part-out next week if no takers. Still open to reasonable offers too :mrgreen: