PDA

View Full Version : Website Up

Beverly
03-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Our new website is up. While some of the new pages don't yet have photos, there is a lot of stuff to see:

http://www.lostmymarblz.com

Take care!

CHEAPREEF
03-23-2003, 05:41 PM
Nice site, need more reef pics. (or any :cool: ) Noticed you like the old buildings, trucks/tractors ect. You'd have a feild day at my work, have about 100+ cars/trucks/tractors for the 20's-60's.

Clinton

Beverly
03-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Nice site, need more reef pics. (or any :cool: )

Well, there are tank photos at the site, but unfortunately not of our current reefs. Plus, I put this site together over the last three days, so I've done pretty well, don't you think?

Chris will borrow a camera from work and we'll get a few photos then. I'm sort of waiting until the halide comes from J&L to get shots of the 42 hex, and we don't know when that'll be.

Noticed you like the old buildings, trucks/tractors ect. You'd have a feild day at my work, have about 100+ cars/trucks/tractors for the 20's-60's.

Clinton

Yeah, those are photos taken in the mid-70s before I had my first mortage or was married and had my daughter. The 70s was definitely my traveling and photography stage of life. God, that makes me sound ancient, which, in a sense I am ;-)

BCOrchidGuy
03-24-2003, 04:51 AM
Wow, very cool, I especially liked the essay/pics from Cuba, I've always wanted to visit.... the elephant jokes were... hmm.. but the Professional Qualifications test was a riot... I got them all wrong.. does that mean I qualify? lol

Great site it was very enjoyable

Doug

Beverly
03-24-2003, 01:44 PM
Wow, very cool, I especially liked the essay/pics from Cuba, I've always wanted to visit

When I visited in the 70s, Cuba had just begun opening their doors again to tourism. But I think over the past 25 years, things have changed quite a bit, like with the boat people and more crime and such. But it was a great vacation while we were there and we had the freedom to move from our resort 10 miles or so from Havana to Havana by local bus. Havana was just beautiful as was the rest of the island that I was able to see. Went to my first ballet while I was there too :-)

.... the elephant jokes were... hmm.. but the Professional Qualifications test was a riot... I got them all wrong.. does that mean I qualify? lol

I got all the questions on the Profession Qualifications test wrong too ;-) But, honestly now, who can resist the utter silliness of elephant jokes - not I!

Great site it was very enjoyable

Doug

Thanks, Doug :-) I can hardly wait to get a few photos of our three reefs uploaded, once I get a camera, that is. I'll let you all know when they're up.

BCOrchidGuy
03-25-2003, 03:02 AM
Great looking forward to seeing more.

Canadian Man
03-25-2003, 05:57 AM
The Photo essay from cuba was great! Especially the old guy at the end with his finger up his nose :eek: :lol:

Beverly
03-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Great looking forward to seeing more.

I want to clean the two nanos before I take photos of them. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

The tank lights aren't on yet, so I took the flashlight to look into the 7 gal bowfront and noticed one of the legs of our grey brittle starfish is just laying on the sandbed detached from the starfish. I'm guessing the animal is dying :-( Am I right? If so, I suppose removing the rest of the animal is in order, but that'll mean tearing down half the tank as it's all wrapped up in one particular rock :-(

Opinions, please ...

robbyville
03-26-2003, 12:30 AM
You know Beverly there is one problem with the professional quiz;

If the fridge is large enough to fit a giraffe who's to say it's not large enough to fit the elephant as well?

Great site though!

Rob

Beverly
03-26-2003, 12:58 AM
If the fridge is large enough to fit a giraffe who's to say it's not large enough to fit the elephant as well?

Rob

LOL!

I guess we'll have to consult with Anderson Consulting Worldwide for the answer to your question :-D

LOL!!