PDA

View Full Version : Eels and Angels

dsaundry
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
So here is my question. I may have an opportunity to get a Golden Dwarf Eel. I think the price is fine...$160.00 shipped to me. Is this a good deal or do they average that around the LFS's. I just havent seen them. Also what is an average price for a Goldflake Angel. I know a LFS that has one and am curious about what price range they sell for..Very pretty fish....

Delphinus
06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I would say that if that includes shipping then that's a really good deal. The last few of these I saw were more like $180 -before- shipping.

Also depends on how yellow the eel is. The more yellow, the higher the retail on them. I've been told a pure yellow will fetch as much as $800 on the common market. Or so I've been told anyhow..

If you change your mind let me know because I'd happily buy one at that price :p

Delphinus
06-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Also noticed that J&L has goldflake angels listed on their N&N page at $270, so I guess that tells us a little about the range that fish goes for. Wow, is that ever a nice looking fish though.

dsaundry
06-16-2008, 08:27 PM
The local shop here has one for $290.00 which if I have done my research on them correctly seems to be the average price. I hope they have a sale soon...I am going to phone the guy in Hawaii and see how yellow the eel is and I may order it today....