PDA

View Full Version : wifes tank

restless
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
FS Round glass tank 50gal 24 wide 36high plus stand $617.57.
surrey

msteele
06-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Do you have any pictures?

restless
06-14-2008, 01:30 AM
No

Sushiman
06-14-2008, 12:47 PM
FS Round glass tank 50gal 24 wide 36high plus stand $617.57.
surrey

that must be some tank, I assume that's with equipment?

msteele
06-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I think you might have difficulty selling it if you don't have any pictures. I might have been interested, but I'm not going to drive over to see it if I don't have any idea what it looks like ahead of time, especially for $600+.

Thanks anyway.

VFX
06-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I might be interested...

Could you let me know what is included in this sale?

Tank & Stand only? or plus Lights? and plus Skimmer/Ca Reactors? etc.

Is there a sump? Are powerheads included?

How old is the tank?

What colour & material is the stand?

How tall is the stand?

Does it come with a cap?

BTW - are you sure it's a 50 gallon?

I was looking at round tanks before my current one & I thought a 24" diameter & 36" tall tanks were 70 US Gallons - (π.r2) - unless the water level is 6 inches or so from the top..

Anyway, sorry for the thousand questions! It'd just be good to know a bit more before taking the drive from the 'Wack to see it.

Thanks,

VFX.

restless
06-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Yes Burnaby to Surrey is quite far you could always get a room at a hotel and spend the night here or go to Abbortsford get a plane to Richmond and a taxi back to Burnaby it must be hard for a person like you to do a water change. oh well head down *** up keep trying.
thanks any way

Matt
06-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Restless FS threads always brighten my day. Free bump, and GL with the sale.

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Yes Burnaby to Surrey is quite far you could always get a room at a hotel and spend the night here or go to Abbortsford get a plane to Richmond and a taxi back to Burnaby it must be hard for a person like you to do a water change. oh well head down *** up keep trying.
thanks any way

Wow, this about the most I have ever seen you write. Too bad you couldn't have spared a few of these words to describe one of the many tanks you post for sale as..."Tank $600 Surrey"

Have you sold anything that way?

Sushiman
06-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Ooooo fiesty! Good luck selling a frickin' thing here my friend.

banditpowdercoat
06-15-2008, 01:14 AM
LMAO, creative writing skills at it's best folks Mwahahahahaha.

EmilyB
06-15-2008, 05:51 AM
Don't you just want to give him your hard earned money...oops tagging along....:lol:

WuHT
06-15-2008, 07:44 AM
thanks any way

?? I'd say doing a water change is harder than taking pictures.
thanks any way

dsaundry
06-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Better yet, he can put a "for sale" sign on the tank, put it on the back of a pickup and he can then drive all around and hope that somebody see's it and makes him an offer...hopefully on the tank and not the truck...free bump..:lol:

brizzo
06-15-2008, 08:34 AM
one mans gold another mans junk so I guess now that you are making room you want to buy my tank now .
Surrey

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

(PS: Be sure to look at previous restless posts!!)

restless
06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Ok you are all correct when I started this hobby it was nothing to drive and look for live worms drift wood and if some one was asking for a price for some thing which was always about 1/3 of the price you did not ask if a bmw came with it you new how much some one paid for it and if you wanted you got it I am still old school I don't cut peoples prices when they are already giving you a deal your not doing the seller a favor by buying some thing second hand you are doing your self a favor buy not paying full price I do not have a camera I do not even know how to put it on a computer all I know I have round tank a round water bucket and I want around $615 for it. I think it would be much easier for the seller if he just gave what he was selling away for free then he would not have to through all the extras in for nothing.
:

CLINT
06-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I think it would be much easier for the seller if he just gave what he was selling away for free then he would not have to through all the extras in for nothing.
:

I dont need any extras but Ill take the tank for FREE though.Clint

Sushiman
06-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Mr.Restless, I'm really not surewhat you are rambling (and you are rambling, re-read your thread if you like) on about but let me just say this then I am off this silly thread. This board is full of people who have been in the aquarium hobby for years. I myself started this hobby nearly thirty years ago, I was breeding & wholesaling Angels & Rams when I was in high school. It drove my Mother nuts. Your "old school" comments can stop any time. You are not the only person to ever collect in the field BTW.
The simple fact is you are asking top dollar for an item that does not hold it's value except in very specific circumstances. i.e.:Starfire. If you are not going to take the time or effort to provide details of a sale that is quite the standard on every board that I have been to, please do not be surprized when folks start asking you questions. Also, don't be surprized to recieve feedback of this nature when you are just plain rude & offensive.
Good luck with your sale, may I recommend www.craigslist.ca (http://www.craigslist.ca)

PoonTang
06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
one word....Punctuation

skabooya
06-15-2008, 07:58 PM
thats one big run on sentence

Mik_101
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM
LMAO by far one of the best threads ever:biggrin:

justinl
06-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Ok you are all correct when I started this hobby it was nothing to drive and look for live worms drift wood and if some one was asking for a price for some thing which was always about 1/3 of the price you did not ask if a bmw came with it you new how much some one paid for it and if you wanted you got it I am still old school I don't cut peoples prices when they are already giving you a deal your not doing the seller a favor by buying some thing second hand you are doing your self a favor buy not paying full price I do not have a camera I do not even know how to put it on a computer all I know I have round tank a round water bucket and I want around $615 for it. I think it would be much easier for the seller if he just gave what he was selling away for free then he would not have to through all the extras in for nothing.
:

you should probably put a warning up for any english teachers who might stumble upon that post. Pretty sure that brutal a run-on would give them a seizure.

but in all seriousness, 617.57$ is a hell of a lot of cash (and a very odd number to ask for to boot). I dont think many people would want to commit to that kind of purchase on a tank without at least seeing it beforehand. sure, you can say that most people who post classifieds give mad deals when compared to retail (which incidentally just isn't true), but how do we know you fall into that category? I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just saying that you haven't given us anything... and I mean anything... to make us think otherwise. again, a couple pics and/or info on the tank would help.

skabooya
06-16-2008, 01:24 AM
I agree just post a pic. I would LOVE to see what a round tank looks like. Is this a corner tank or is it really round. Please post.

And PS justinl... I teach english 12 and science 8 :) run on noted lol.

Canuckgod420
06-16-2008, 02:21 AM
You dont own a camera?
????
you dont have a cell phone???? I think they all have cameras now dont they?
Get one post a pic. Although I'm sure I would be welcome to look at the tank right?
Well who wants to spend 20+ dollars in fuel to come see something they have no clue about.
Heres an idea.....bring the tank to my house and I will look at it...maybe I'll buy it...maybe I wont.
As far as adding a pic...you started the thread right? Scroll down the page....big letters(in english even) insert pic.
Pretty tough

Have a nice day

Canuckgod420
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
?

ner'T'
06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Ha ha, this is amusing!

I can see why everyone is up in arms over this post…